What Bible translation are missing from Logos that should be in Logos?

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 65 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 22 2011 9:54 AM

Paul C:

But still in copyright: "presented here with the kind permission of Mrs Vera Phillips and the J B Phillips Estate"

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 12:24 PM

Douglas:

Hebrew Matthew - from the Brittiah Library, or Manuscript "C" out of the collection, to get it in this post too! :)

With Translation / Interlinear Capability!  :)

Posts 14
Stephen Koehn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:52 AM

I would love to see the Aramaic English New Testament

The Aramaic Text sheds much light on the Hebraic context of the New Testament.

For instance, it clarifies the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew.  Joseph (in Matt 1:16) is not the husband of Mary, but the guardian or father (Heb. givrah) of Mary. This is a different word used of Joseph (her husband; Heb. baalah) in Matt 1:18, 19. If we were to take the English versions literally then we have 14 generations from Abraham to David, 14 from David to captivity and only 13 from captivity to Christ. But, if Joseph in Matt 1:16 is actually Mary's father and is in fact different from the Joseph in 1:18, 19 then the Matthew genealogy is actually that of Mary which means that the genealogy in Luke is that of Joseph, whose father was Eli. 

In Matt 26 we find Jesus in the house of Simon the "leper." In those times lepers were unable to own property, have servants and wouldn't be able to entertain guests. Some say Simon used to be a leper, but the Torah (law, Pentateuch)  states that lepers were no longer to be referred to as lepers once they are healed. We then have a woman with an alabaster jar of ointment being poured on Jesus' head. The Aramaic text sheds light on this.  The Hebrew word for leper is "gar-bah" but the word "gar-ah-bah" (same Hebrew consonants) is translated "jar-maker."  Since these words are pronounced differently, a mistranslation like this is more likely a scribal error as the Hebrew words look the same and the original text likely did not have vowel pointings. 

There are many more clarifying texts such as this, and I would love to see this available in Logos.

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:16 AM

Ben:

NT Wright's New Kingdom Translation of the New Testament. It's not out yet, but I'd buy it.

YES!!

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:18 AM

Yes Keep waiting for this one. Seems like it's been "under contract" forever!

Posts 217
Danny Baskin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 11:24 AM

Oops! I meant CEB.

Page 4 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS