Spanish? What gives?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 13 2011 8:42 PM

Peace and Joy and Every Blessing to my Logos Forums Brothers and Sisters!

*smile*

It's almost midnight here in the Eastern Daylight Savings Time area of the Great Dominion of Canada; and I must needs retire for the day!

My dreams will be sweet because I hope to wake up tomorrow morning to a Forums Post from one of you "whiz kids" on how to get my Logos Web Site (Logos.com) experience back to English.

For some unknown reason ...           about 45 minutes ago        .........  my language of contact with Logos was changed to Spanish.

Spanish seems to be a beautiful and very wonderful language to those who think in Spanish and speak Spanish; however, that's not me!                       *smile*

I closed all my programs, having signed out from the forums and all Logos sites....

then I rebooted my computer...   hoping it would revert...

but!                 to no avail    .....

So, I hope in about 8 hours to go the Forums and find a nice screen shot on how to change my contact language with Logos back to English.

A big hearty Thank You in advance!                   *smile*

My Problem:

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 18726
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 8:52 PM

Maybe you need this? http://www.logos.com/product/2574/merriam-websters-spanish-english-dictionary

Just kidding. Scroll web page down to the bottom and you'll see an option to choose your interface language on the lower right corner.

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 13 2011 10:30 PM

I was greeted in Spanish this morning, too, but I didn't care.

Put a price on a Community Pricing item and left the website :-)

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 7:20 AM

Rosie Perera:

Maybe you need this? http://www.logos.com/product/2574/merriam-websters-spanish-english-dictionary

Just kidding. Scroll web page down to the bottom and you'll see an option to choose your interface language on the lower right corner.

Thanks so much, Dear Rosie!

I've never noticed that choice before.  It solved the problem instantly.

Dunno what happened; however, am grateful for solution!                *smile*             Peace   ..   to you ...          to all!

BTW - That Spanish-English dictionary looks great -- and very economical!       Have placed it on my wish list!  Would be better if it were "both ways"!

Logos owes you one for this likely sale in the foreseeable future!               *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:22 AM

I too, had this. Re-booting seemed to help somehow. Actually I had to shut the whole computer down. I never noticed the language choices at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

Regards, SteveF

Posts 1723
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 9:42 AM

Milford Charles Murray:
Dunno what happened;

Brother Milford:

Did you click on a graphic / link yesterday on a post about the Lightfoot community pricing offer? I did, and that's what got me into Spanish world.

Oh, and I almost forgot

*smile* Wink

Retired from posting. Dead Dropbox links for contributed files can be reported to email on profile.

Posts 340
Smithereens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 11:12 AM

Robert M. Warren:

Milford Charles Murray:
Dunno what happened;

Brother Milford:

Did you click on a graphic / link yesterday on a post about the Lightfoot community pricing offer? I did, and that's what got me into Spanish world.

Oh, and I almost forgot

*smile* Wink

You're right on, I think. The link in the forum post was to http://www.logos.com/es/producto/8549/the-whole-works-of-the-rev-john-lightfoot

The /es/ is was toggles the spanish version of Logos.com.

Posts 1784
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 11:36 AM

Hey, I already said I was sorry and took responsabilbity in another thread. Embarrassed

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/38110/285409.aspx#285409

Hope I dont get banned. Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 18726
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 12:23 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
BTW - That Spanish-English dictionary looks great -- and very economical!       Have placed it on my wish list!  Would be better if it were "both ways"!

I have it. It is "both ways" -- Spanish-English and English-Spanish. It's also got sections on Spanish grammar and verb conjugations.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 5:22 PM

Robert M. Warren:

Milford Charles Murray:
Dunno what happened;

Brother Milford:

Oh, and I almost forgot

*smile* Wink

Brother Robert!

As it has been said, "You've hit the nail on the head!"             *smile*                  That's exactly what I did!

and Thanks for your smile ..   !!!

it most certainly deserves an Anecdote:  When you find the solution to a problem, you hit the nail on the head.  The Sooty Show often ended with Harry Corbett holding a nail and Sooty the puppet holding a hammer. With both his hands occupied, Harry Corbett would say, "When I nod my head, I want you to hit it!" Sooty always obliged.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS