Turabian Footnote (Issues with page numbers)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Todd Mcqueen | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 14 2011 9:41 AM

When quoting from:

Smith, James E. The Wisdom Literature and Psalms. Joplin, Mo.: College Press Pub. Co., 1996.

I get the following footnote:

James E. Smith, The Wisdom Literature and Psalms (Joplin, Mo.: College Press Pub. Co., 1996), Job 42:1–6.

NOTE: that instead of giving a page number, the footnote reads "Job 42:1-6".  How do I get the actual page number for this graded paper?

Thanks

Todd

Posts 9396
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 10:59 AM

Todd,

This is a long-standing problem and one you'll have to learn to work around for now. You'll need to manually note the page number in the resource and correct the footnote accordingly.  Double check all the footnote styles as there may still be issues with proper Turabian formatting.

Sorry.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3
Todd Mcqueen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 12:53 PM

Is there any way to find out the page numbers?  I cannot find them in the commentary listed and a few others.

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:22 PM

I don't have that book, but if it has page numbers enabled, with the book open, click on the Visual Filters drop-down at the top of the panel (it has a picture with three circles on it), and check the "show Page Numbers" box.  The page numbers will then appear in orange at the beginning of each page.

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 3
Todd Mcqueen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 2:49 PM

Ok. That worked for some, but not all.  Thank you very much. 

Posts 60
David J. Sugg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2011 6:41 AM

Todd,

Check with your professor. A Prof I had last semester was an extreme stickler for proper Turabian formatting, and he accepted verse references for commentaries if you were using electronic versions. I would email your prof with the example given above and ask if it will be acceptable for the paper, or if not, what suggestions the prof has. I have used Google Books to get page numbers for some resources, so that may be an option as well.

Dave

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS