Library Prioritization List Scrambled

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 14 2011 5:30 PM

Hello y'all! Every time I open Logos 4, my prioritization list gets scrambled. It seems that Logos thinks there are two lists and is combining them. So then I clean it up, only to find out on the next startup that it has combined two lists again!

Anybody got any ideas on this one? Is is a corrupted/extra file?

Posts 468
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 5:56 PM

Kendall Sholtess:

Hello y'all! Every time I open Logos 4, my prioritization list gets scrambled. It seems that Logos thinks there are two lists and is combining them. So then I clean it up, only to find out on the next startup that it has combined two lists again!

Anybody got any ideas on this one? Is is a corrupted/extra file?

Kendall do you mean like this?

You may want to post a screenshot of this behavior.

Lauren

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 6:27 PM

No, it's not scrambled like that. I mean that titles are often repeated. For example at the top of the list I have prioritized the RSV. I scrolled down and found another copy of the RSV. In addition, some titles appear on the list which I have not prioritized, although in the past I may have.

It's not something I could post as a screenshot, since the duplicated prioritizations are at the bottom of the list.

Posts 468
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 6:41 PM

Kendall Sholtess:

No, it's not scrambled like that. I mean that titles are often repeated. For example at the top of the list I have prioritized the RSV. I scrolled down and found another copy of the RSV. In addition, some titles appear on the list which I have not prioritized, although in the past I may have.

It's not something I could post as a screenshot, since the duplicated prioritizations are at the bottom of the list.

Kendall,

ahh, I understand, thanks for the clarification.  I don't have any words of wisdom for a resolution regarding your issue unfortunately; perhaps a call to customer service will get this resolved.

Posts 25996
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:02 PM

Kendall Sholtess:
No, it's not scrambled like that. I mean that titles are often repeated. For example at the top of the list I have prioritized the RSV. I scrolled down and found another copy of the RSV.

I found i could not get an exact duplicate by dragging the same title onto the list - it just moved the original to the same position! So are yours an exact duplicate or does one have advanced prioritization? What happens if you remove a duplicate (does the other remain)?

How many installations of L4 do you have with the same sign-on?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:23 PM

Yes, it is an exact duplicate. I cannot get them by dragging either. I only get them when I restart Logos. I do have Logos on my iPhone, which simply does not seem to sync at all with my desktop Logos. It is a real pain to me. There is something funky going on with the iPhone app, and it seems that I started encountering problems when 4.3 was released. Didn't they change their syncing somehow?

Posts 25996
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 8:53 PM

Kendall Sholtess:
it seems that I started encountering problems when 4.3 was released. Didn't they change their syncing somehow?

Sync v2 for Copy Bible Verses only! It has yet to be introduced for mobile phones and other L4 functions. A call to Customer Support (Tech Support) would best resolve this for you.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 10:58 PM

Ok. Reason I hadn't called them yet is because I live in the opposite time zone from the United States. Because they don't have 24 hour service, I have to call at odd hours. Hope they can extend their services longer. I appreciate your kindness and willingness to help. Just thought somebody might know a way to fix it. Smile

Posts 30120
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 14 2011 11:24 PM

Kendall Sholtess:
Reason I hadn't called them yet is because I live in the opposite time zone from the United States.

You could try screen captures and email first - you might give them enough information for them to recognize the problem. Not a great alternative but worth a try.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS