Library - Tree Functionality Available/Planned?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 1:37 AM

Is it possible now -- or is it in the works -- to be able to condense my 158 individual library entries for issues 1-158 of Bibliotheca Sacra now listed in the Library browser into ONE entry that could be titled "Bibliotheca Sacra Journal Series" or something like this, with the "hidden" individual volumes nested inside this master place holder?

It is cumbersome to scroll through tons of repetitive journals (volumes 1-158, for example) if I just want to peruse my library's holdings; I'd rather see SERIES titles for those series (commentaries/journals/etc.) which I own, not hundreds of series' volumes (especially journals!).

So, in a sense, I'm looking to see whether it's possible to achieve a tree structure for at least certain resources within the Library viewer. 

In the Library video tutorial, "many other features" were alluded to... just wondering whether I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Scott

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 5:06 AM

AFAIK it's not now possible nor planned... but, it's an excellent suggestion - one I support fully.

Posts 118
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 5:41 AM

you can sort your library according to your needs. If you click on the "series" field in your library (in detailed view) and type journal, you get the following. Each entry can then be expanded as you wish.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 2872
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 5:46 AM

Damian McGrath:

AFAIK it's not now possible nor planned...

Genius typo humor. I am still laughing at this one!!!!

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 5:49 AM

Kevin, I'm staring at it and can't see my typo...

Posts 2872
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:20 AM

OK it seems that I missed the word NOT before the NOW. Are you sure you didn't edit that.

My fault. I thought you wrote "It is now possible and not planned."

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:26 AM

Kevin A. Purcell:

OK it seems that I missed the word NOT before the NOW. Are you sure you didn't edit that.

My fault. I thought you wrote "It is now possible and not planned."

Couldn't have edited it after you quoted it and definitely didn't edit it before...

Not an issue.

Posts 117
Murray W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:32 AM

Such an excellent idea. Can this be implemented, please?

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:46 AM

Good screen shot Kenneth.  This is a very nice solution that works very well for me.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS