Resources no longer licensed and PBB

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 133
Chuck Forsythe | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:00 AM

Greetings all:

Will 4.0 import resources Logos no longer has a license for (e.g. Barclay's commentaries)? If so, how  do I do it? If not, I'm sad.

Will 4.0 import PBBs I already downloaded into 3.0? If so, how do I do it? 

Thank you

Chuck

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:05 AM

Chuck,

I think that since Logos doesn't have the license for a resource i don't see how they could continue to make it available right?

PBB's are coming...they are getting revamped...some time next year...I'm not sure of the time....you can do a search...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:11 AM

ChuckForsythe:

Greetings all:

Will 4.0 import resources Logos no longer has a license for (e.g. Barclay's commentaries)? If so, how  do I do it? If not, I'm sad.

Thank you

Chuck

Peace and Joy in the Lord, to you, Chuck!           *smile*

As one of the Beta Testers for 4.0 , one of my greatest joys was to see all of Barclay's Old and New Testament Study Bibles on L4!  It is one of my most-treasured resources!

It is great.            It is ALL there!

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:11 AM

Chuck,

4.0 has imported both my Oxford Bible Commentary and my Interpretation Commentary Series - the former a 2.0 resource, the latter a 3.0 resource.

The issue is whether Logos will be able to "republish" these as Logos 4.0 specific resources.... This, I doubt.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:13 AM

Robert Pavich:

I think that since Logos doesn't have the license for a resource i don't see how they could continue to make it available right?

Robert, they are not making it available they are continuing to support the reading of these resources - a form of backwards compatibility.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 7:33 AM

See "what's missing" in my sig.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 7943
LogosEmployee

Robert Pavich:

There are only a couple of books files we are not allowed to distribute (e.g., by by automatic download from our servers); all the rest we can still make available for download (to existing owners), even though we can't sell new licenses. (Sorry, I don't remember what those two files are.)

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:50 AM

ChuckForsythe:

Greetings all:

Thank you

Chuck

Yes. If you have a license for it, L4 should read it.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 725
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:58 AM

ChuckForsythe:

Chuck

If your resources are in your L3 resource path and are unlocked, L4 will find them and install them into the L4 resource file. If you have removed them, you need to reload them from the FTP in L3 and then run a "scan" command of the resource path from the Command box in L4 and it will install them into L4. If you bought a license for a resource at a time when Logos was authorized to sell it, you have an enduring right to the use of that resource. Logos keeps track of your licenses (has since L3 came out) on its servers.

Chris

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 11:16 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

ChuckForsythe:

Greetings all:

Thank you

Chuck

Peace and Joy in the Lord, to you, Chuck!           *smile*

As one of the Beta Testers for 4.0 , one of my greatest joys was to see all of Barclay's Old and New Testament Study Bibles on L4!  It is one of my most-treasured resources!

It is great.            It is ALL there!

Yours in Christ,

Mel

I'm envious that you have Barclay's, Mel. How did it come about that Logos lost the rights to the set?

Bill

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1597
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 11:58 AM

A couple of years ago the publisher (Westminster John Knox) withdrew all their titles because they were going with their own system.  I wish I had the Daily Study Bible, but am glad to have the Interpretation series as well as a few others.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:10 PM

Thanks, Kenneth. I take it they never got that system off the ground. At least I remember searching for digitized versions of the Daily Study Bible and came up empty. If they didn't get their own system going, perhaps they will have a change of heart about licensing.

Bill

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1597
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2009 12:50 PM

Don't see Daily Study Bible, but they put out Interpretation as well as the Library of Christian Classics in CD format.  I don't know any details of their system, but I think WJKP went in with Cokesbury in the Folio format.  Wish there were a standard etext format...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:16 AM

I was under the impression that DSB got a new publisher in maybe 05 or 06?  With the global economy still shaky, it would be wise for print publishers to increase the digital presence, especially with all the "readers" making headlines now.  I believe we will see a redistribution of Barclay and some other resources that have disappeared, at least that is what an employee from a certain Bible Software company told me. Maybe in the next year or two some announcements will be made, who knows.

What I don't remember is why how I got Barclay DSB on my eSword (PC) 9, makes me think it should be available in a PBB at the very least, if only they worked on L4.

all about Christ,

David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS