Perseus

Page 1 of 4 (72 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 71 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 30 2011 6:55 PM

I downloaded a number of works in the Perseus collection, but I don't seem to have received the Greek and Latin collection.  Has anyone received that yet?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 7:04 PM

I ordered all 7 free Perseus bundles on August 13, which I think was pretty early, but I have yet to receive a single thing.

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 28965
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 7:05 PM

still downloading ... we'll see how far into indexing I have to be to answer your question.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 489
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 7:09 PM

I ordered Aug 12 (but then deleted the civil war stuff this week). I haven't seen anything yet

Posts 846
Eric Weiss | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:13 PM

When did it first become available? (I first learned of it on August 13.) I.e., what date is first in line?

Optimistically Egalitarian (Galatians 3:28)

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:17 PM

Eric Weiss:

When did it first become available? (I first learned of it on August 13.) I.e., what date is first in line?

August 12

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:18 PM

Eric Weiss:

August 12

All Religious Education in Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 10890
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:23 PM

Eric ... as noted above they opened Perseus on the 12th. If I remember right, it was about 1:45pm AZ time; I 'caught it' about 2:15 or so. But even before that, Dan had sent a message that they already had 300+. So, it actually depends more on the time, much less the day. I'm guessing I'd be may 500 or so judging from the interest that afternoon (nothing yet).

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:40 PM

George Somsel:

I downloaded a number of works in the Perseus collection, but I don't seem to have received the Greek and Latin collection.  Has anyone received that yet?

Overall, Perseus has 1.07 GB to download for all pre-pub items (1,743 resources).  Perseus has 649 Greek resources and 50 Latin resources with Logos Greek Morphology tagging.  Perseus includes 825 English, 654 Greek, and 264 Latin resources.

Wiki => Example Collections now has Perseus examples.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 8:57 PM

I ordered all 7 collections during the first 15 minutes. % of those collections now show in my order history and the other two still say "Ships Today"

My question is: Should I wait until all seven show as "shipped" before I open Logos 4? I am afraid if I start downloading now, I will suffer through two indexings. Are my fears unfounded?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 10:42 PM

I had ordered this pretty early as well on August 12th but havent received anything and they all say ships today.  Hmm been trying since early this morning.  Hope I'm not passed up...

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 30 2011 11:25 PM

Super Tramp:

I ordered all 7 collections during the first 15 minutes. % of those collections now show in my order history and the other two still say "Ships Today"

My question is: Should I wait until all seven show as "shipped" before I open Logos 4? I am afraid if I start downloading now, I will suffer through two indexings. Are my fears unfounded?

I got 6 of 7 and indexed.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 4:10 AM

George Somsel:

I have not received anything as of yet.  Then again I order the collection on Aug 19.  I guess that I still have days to wait.  The website state that it is going to take weeks for everyone to download who pre-ordered the collections.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 5:46 AM

I ordered within the first half hour, and I've still only got one, so don't expect anything soon unless you ordered very early. Dan's twittered that they estimate 3 weeks to ship all. Also, you'll get the normal e-mail and it will move from Open Pre-Pub Orders to Order History when it's processed, so there's no meaning in restarting Logos or typing Update now before that happens. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10890
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:50 AM

Why, thank you fgh! Watching my orders page is much easier.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1150
Anthony H | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 6:52 AM

Nord Zootman:

I ordered Aug 12 (but then deleted the civil war stuff this week). I haven't seen anything yet

I ordered on the 17 and then did the samething yesterday by deleting the civil war and a couple others. Nothing yet.

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 8:44 AM

Well, left the computer on all night and logos running, awoke this morning and nothing changed but the status "Shippes Yesterday"

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 8:53 AM

William Middleton:

Well, left the computer on all night and logos running, awoke this morning and nothing changed but the status "Shippes Yesterday"

I've received everything except the Greek and Latin (classical) materials.  I note that at the top of the orders page there is a notice that the phones are open today from 8 am until 4 pm PDT.  It could be that they are going to ship some more today.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 36
William Middleton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:10 AM

Thank you George, I think I will try and give them a call.  Shucks looks like I was one of the first groups that ordered.  And shucks, I have never been a great participant in the ole cliche "For all good things come in time"... Big Smile

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2011 9:14 AM

William Middleton:

Ships Yesterday only means that they started shipping yesterday. They've said it will take approximately 3 weeks for everyone to get it, so be prepared to see that line for a long time. And as long as you see it, your copy is not ready to download. When it is, you will get an e-mail, and that line will have moved down to Order History

Also, they don't ship one user at a time; they ship each collection in its own order, so if you've ordered multiple collections, be prepared to receive them on separate days.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 4 (72 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS