Perseus

Page 4 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 71 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9137
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 8:38 PM

The Perseus site does not list this as being licensed under the Creative Commons License. It is from a work published by Oxford University Press and copyrighted 1942.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 9 2011 8:44 PM

Mark Smith:
George, I do not have it in Greek, only in English.

Thank you.  Then it isn't a fluke.  Sad

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 21
SideWinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:04 PM

I ordered most of Perseus on Aug. 17, but didn't order the Arabic collection until Sept. 29th.  509 Mb download in progress as I write this.  I have received no emails from Logos about Perseus but it appears that this must be the first installment from what others have described.

Posts 21
SideWinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 12:43 PM

Download and indexing just completed of first 1114 Perseus Classic Collection volumes.  No problems.  Hope the remaining installments go as well as this one.

Posts 75
Rusty Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 2:01 PM

Disappointing that I ordered on Aug 13 and folks who ordered later are already getting downloads. Sad

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 2:09 PM

Rusty Davidson:

Disappointing that I ordered on Aug 13 and folks who ordered later are already getting downloads. Sad

Perhaps if your name were "Zyziphus" you would have it already.  Smile  I don't know how they are determining how these are being sent, but have patience and I'm sure you will get it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 28979
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 2:31 PM

Since Logos stated a first come, first serve policy, it would be appropriate to contact Logos. I personally would wait a bit longer, but that's a matter of personality.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 75
Rusty Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 3:38 PM

That was my understanding as well. This means that three weeks was more than overly optimistic if they have not gotten to August 13 orders yet (the aforementioned August 17 order aside).

I have been hoping to gauge (if possible) what day the download(s) might be available to work my schedule around it. What I have seen, while exciting for those who are receiving it, makes it more frustrating to schedule being online for an extended period of time since there appears to be no discernible schedule of release based on date of order.

Patience is one thing, but trying to coordinate a schedule around an indeterminable event is quite another! 

Posts 75
Rusty Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 10 2011 4:06 PM

In Logos' typically ironic and impeccably beautiful timing, my downloads just appeared!

Posts 47
David McClister | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 6:17 AM

Is there a post somewhere that breaks down the Logos Perseus collection by language? That is, in the Perseus collection of books that Logos was allowed to distribute for free, how many of the titles are in Greek, how many are in English, how many are in Latin, how many are in German, etc.? I also notice that there are a few duplicate Greek texts in the collection, so it would be nice to know how many separate titles (not texts) there are by language. Thanks in advance.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 11 2011 10:30 PM

Wiki => Example Collections includes:

Perseus

• Library Size: 4,096
  • Collection Size: 1,743 Perseus has 825 English, 654 Greek, & 264 Latin
  • Rule: Publisher:Perseus
  • Manually Included Items: none
  • Manually Excluded Items: none

plus 21 other collection examples including or excluding Perseus

Found 100 duplicative titles for 210 resources in Perseus Collections:  "Speeches (English)" and "Speeches (Greek)" have 6 resources each with titles "Carmina (Latin)" and "De Medicina (Latin)" having 3 resources each while all the other duplicative titles have 2 resources.  Attaching duplicative title list with counts:

8103.PerseusTitles.xls

Caution: duplicative titles often have different authors; only 3 duplicate titles have same author:

"A Roster of General Officers, Heads of Departments, Senators, Representatives, Military Organizations, &c., &c., in Confederate Service during the War between the States"

"Life, Letters and Journals of George Ticknor"

"The Military Operations of General Beauregard in the War between the States, 1861 to 1865"

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 15 2011 3:18 PM

David McClister:

Is there a post somewhere that breaks down the Logos Perseus collection by language? That is, in the Perseus collection of books that Logos was allowed to distribute for free, how many of the titles are in Greek, how many are in English, how many are in Latin, how many are in German, etc.? I also notice that there are a few duplicate Greek texts in the collection, so it would be nice to know how many separate titles (not texts) there are by language. Thanks in advance.

This has been posted previously.  In fact, I posted one myself in which they are placed in somewhat chronological order with the Greek resources being distinguished from the Latin by being in bold.  I have now completed the list with links to the works themselves.  This can be compiled into a PB for future use.

5355.Perseus Greek & Latin Authors.docx

george
gfsomsel

Page 4 of 4 (72 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS