SUGGESTION + BUG: okay - inconsistent tagging has finally gotten to me / proof reader

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 33781
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 2 2011 10:59 PM

Yes, unpredictable tagging has made a project a nightmare. Compare the copy and paste link RL format to the book:

[[The Passion of Matthew >> logosres:anf08;ref=NTApocrypha.The_Passion_of_Matthew]] | Ante-Nicene Fathers, Volume VIII

I understand the need for aliasing items with multiple names, but having the reading list have a title other than the one in the book makes people think there is an error in the link. Name from book followed by standard name in parens would be a far classier solution. But in some cases the title comes up in Latin, in some cases by manuscript ... the inconsistent levels in the TOC don't help either.

Then there is the little problem of not being able to predict if a link to the Early Church Fathers will be a page number I have to replace by text or the actual title of the work. It varies within a single volume.

Now I know a thing or two about proofreading:

1. My sister is good at it (she proof reads educational software).
  2. I'm bad at it,

But Logos might consider breaking their "you have to move to Bellingham" model. They could recruit proofreaders - testing their accuracy before hiring. Then provide free resources to the proofreaders in exchange for proof reading. J would benefit in two ways:

1. A more relaxed, happier forum crowd to interact with
  2. lower average blood pressure by avoiding frustration spikes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS