I need some help with a Greek (Cascadia) Syntax Search

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 109
David Fish | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 7 2011 10:39 AM

I'm attempting to create a search, based on the Greek construction in Matthew 28:19, to find what  he calls attendant circumstance:

logosres:gs-ggbtb;ref=Page.p_640

I had a prof back in the 1970s that preferred the term coordinate circumstance.

At any rate, I started with the Cascadia graphs of Matthew 28:19, and tried to pattern my search accordingly. I must have made some mistake that I don't understand. I'm attaching an image with my search. If some user more skilled than I could take a look at it and help me out, I would appreciate it very much.

After I created the search, I tested it on Matthew's gospel only, thinking that if I caught Matthew 28:19, I must have constructed the search correctly. Alas, I got zero matches.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM (also running Parallels Desktop 8 and Windows 10 Professional) | iPad 3 (also have Windows 10 Desktop at home)

Posts 22855
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 10:56 AM

Hi David

David Fish:
I'm attaching an image with my search.

Did you have a problem in attaching the image. If you need guidance on this, please see http://wiki.logos.com/Screenshot

Graham

Posts 109
David Fish | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 12:32 PM

Sorry, I DID attempt to attach an image, by clicking on the OPTIONS button, but it didn't take the attachment. Now I'll use the PAPERCLIP method. I'm attaching images of both my Syntax Search and the Cascadia graphs

Thanks again for your help.

MacBook Pro Core Duo 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM (also running Parallels Desktop 8 and Windows 10 Professional) | iPad 3 (also have Windows 10 Desktop at home)

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 12:39 PM

David you misread the graphs on a couple of nodes

Posts 25743
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:06 PM

David Fish:
Thanks again for your help.

Unfortunately structure doesn't always help  eg.

CL  --->  CL ---> Participle

|---->  CL  --->  Verb

OR

CL  --->  Participle

|---> Verb

The analysis of examples in Matt:2:13-14 + Matt 28:19 varies because this principle is not being considered.

The simplest solution, but one that may have many false positives is

Anything is set to Repeat 0 to 1 time.  Unfortunately a Morph Search in a Greek bible will present the results more succinctly:-

@VA?P BEFORE 2 words @VA?[IM]

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS