Something I Would Like to RECREATE

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 16 2011 9:04 AM

Today, I searched the NKJV for the Greek lemma ὑπάρχω huparcho. I then opened BDAG to that word and clicked on serveral references. I found that [ the occurences were not only highlighed in the NKJV but also highlighted [in red]  in the GREEK TEXT [which was BYZ]. But I can't seem to recreate this now [after I closed that layout]. Any suggestions [besides searching for ὑπάρχω in BYZ]? [P.S. I had no visual filters on while this highlighting was taking place.]

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 1:33 PM

Bill, perhaps rather than searching the NKJV alone, you searched "all open resources".  This would give you the colored highlights you spoke of, because you are actually searching both resources.  If this was the case BDAG didn't have anything directly to do with it, except perhaps to direct to one of your search hits.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 1:36 PM

It sounds like you ran a search for the lemma in your entire library (or in all resources with that morphology). Doing that will make the search highlight appear in both the KJV and the BYZ. Here's how it'll look

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 2:03 PM

Search results are highlighted in corresponding resources:

By the way, noticed Acts 4 has three occurrences of  ὑπάρχω that have two Louw-NIda semantic domain numbers.  With Louw-Nida numbers displayed inline, can hover mouse over number for semantic domain gloss.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 4:58 PM

Thanks, Jerry. That does have a similar effect - but I didn't do that [even by mistake] because I checked my previous search history.  I'm not sure how it happened - but it had a very positive effect.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:01 PM

Thanks, Kevin. However, my search history does not reveal that I did that . [I would have done it inadvertently.] Also the search resutls have a different appearance - which I would have recognized right away, I think.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 16 2011 5:06 PM

You're right; that search would do it. But my search history does not reveal any searches for ALL OPEN RESOURCES.

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 5:38 AM

I hope this is visible [what I attached] but I actually FOUND this layout [by looking in Layouts history]. But I don't know why it works.

8623.Logos Screen.docx

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:09 AM

Bill what VFs are triggered in the BYZ pane?

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:25 AM

No visual filters that I know of, Kevin [or can locate]. HOWEVER, I just noitced that this effect is coming from ENHANCED STRONG'S Lexicon being open to a particular word. For some reason it will create this effect - but only in BYZ [not in any of the other Greek texts I have open].

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 6:59 AM

Bill, I've traced this to the "Links to Open panels." The Strong's Number tagging on the BYZ is being caught by this option. I don't know why it works here but not in the Reverse Interlinears. Other Greek texts (like the NA27) don't have Strong's numbers so it's a moot point.

I wonder if this is technically a bug

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2011 12:04 PM

Good job, Kevin. I think you are right [that they are connected to Strong's Numbers being present in BYZ]. It may not have been intended by Logos - but it actually has a positive effect [from my point of view]. I can quickly see how the Greek and English correspond for any word [when I click on BDAG]. Maybe Logos should put the Strong's Numbers in all of the Greek and Hebrew texts.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS