Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Peter_G | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 21 2011 4:54 PM

Dear All,

I cannot find Personal Book Builder in my Logos 3.0g installation. What do I need to do?

Pete

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:36 PM

Peter, was it there previously? In Logos 3/Libronix PBB was an extra cost addin. In Logos 3 you would have the ability to read PBs if you had a Logos base package, but you had to pay for the builder. It is included in Logos 4 at no extra cost. You'd need to upgrade your base package to the latest version to obtain it there, but it will not transfer back to Logos 3 and work there, you'll have to install and use it in Logos 4.

If you had Personal Book Builder in Logos 3 in the past and it is now missing you'll need to contact Customer Service for help.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 37
Peter_G | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:51 PM

Mark Smith:

Peter, was it there previously? In Logos 3/Libronix PBB was an extra cost addin. In Logos 3 you would have the ability to read PBs if you had a Logos base package, but you had to pay for the builder. It is included in Logos 4 at no extra cost. You'd need to upgrade your base package to the latest version to obtain it there, but it will not transfer back to Logos 3 and work there, you'll have to install and use it in Logos 4.

If you had Personal Book Builder in Logos 3 in the past and it is now missing you'll need to contact Customer Service for help.

Thanks Mark. No, I hadn't purchased PBB previously. I wonder if it's still available? I've looked but can't find it.

I have Logos 4 with new PBooks, but of course, you cannot read the old-style PBB files with it.

Cheers

Peter

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 6:59 PM

Peter_G:
I wonder if it's still available? I'll looked but can't find it.

To read PBBs you just need the reader which was included in base packages. If you once had the ability to read PBBs and lost it, you can call Customer Support (or email). You only need the paid version (which doesn't seem to be available) if you wanted to create PBBs in L3.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 37
Peter_G | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 7:09 PM

Thanks again, Mark.

I am beginning to understand what's happened. I recenlty purchased the Word Bible Commentary set with Libronix, and had to install it in order to transfer the licences to Logos 4. The installer on the WBC CD obviously didn't include the PBB reader. (I do have Logos 3 Scholar's Library (but not on this computer), so it's probably on there; however, I'm disinclined to reinstall my resources all over again!)

Blessings,

Peter

Posts 26988
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 21 2011 8:25 PM

Peter_G:
, I'm disinclined to reinstall my resources all over again!

That's shouldn't be necessary even if you update L3

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25095
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 22 2011 11:35 PM

Peter_G:
(I do have Logos 3 Scholar's Library (but not on this computer), so it's probably on there

Sync Licences with the Logos server from the computer with Scholar's installed and then backup the licences to a file. Sync licences on the other Libronix or load them from the backup file.You don't have to install any other resources  as you should now be able to read Libronix PBB's.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:14 AM

MJ. Smith:

Peter_G:
, I'm disinclined to reinstall my resources all over again!

That's shouldn't be necessary even if you update L3

Wiki Re-install resources for Libronix 3 includes link: Update LDLS Addins http://www.logos.com/media/update/LogosAddinsAutoUpdate.lbxupd

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS