Sample Passage Guides in the Wiki?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3094
Doc B | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 23 2011 12:38 PM

I have been looking for some sample Passage Guides just to get some new ideas.  I can't seem to find any in the wiki. 

How about some of you 'hero' forum folks and/or high-end users post some examples of different ways to do creative and functional passage guides for us non-creative types?

If I've learned anything over the years, it's that there are folks out there with a lot more creative and useful ideas, if I'll just pay attention and/or ask them.

So I'm askin'.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 3:09 PM

Doc B:
I have been looking for some sample Passage Guides just to get some new ideas.  I can't seem to find any in the wiki. 

Wiki has => Customizing the Passage and Exegetical Guides

My Passage Guide and My Exegetical Guide have many sections: collapsed for quick Guide opening, expand section(s) as desired:

Wiki => Example Collections has many collection ideas that can be use in custom Passage and Exegetical Guides.

"Word by Word - All" can take awhile to populate the Word by Word section; hence tend to use one verse at a time.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3094
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 3:18 PM

I'd love to see the rule you used to create your 'Commentary - Reformed' collection.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 3:57 PM

Doc B:

I'd love to see the rule you used to create your 'Commentary - Reformed' collection.

Rule: Type:Commentary AND (Series:"Baker New Testament",Title:(Olshausen,Reformation))

Logos descriptions => Baker’s New Testament Commentary (HK) (12 vols.) , => Biblical Commentary on the New Testament (6 vols.) and => The Reformation Study Bible

Searching Logos.com for commentary reformed => http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=commentary+reformed finds 277 results.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 27252
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 23 2011 8:45 PM

Doc B:
I have been looking for some sample Passage Guides just to get some new ideas. 

The main principle for Passage Guide is to realise you can have multiple Commentaries sections according to your Commentary collections (examples in the wiki). Everything else is a matter of personal preference. Leave permanently open sections you always want to view, close the rest; and don't include sections you will not use.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3094
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:37 PM

Thanks, Dave.  I'm learning the importance of having a LOT of specific as well as a good number of general collections, if for no other purpose than to build good passage guides.

I gotta watch out...sometimes learning Logos becomes more interesting than the Bible study for which I bought it!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS