Regarding Files list (File>Open)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Randy Sandford | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 27 2011 10:10 AM | Locked

Would like to be able to put files into custom named categories or folders and be able to show+ or hide- the categories. They way that it is now I cannot put files into a logical group and I cannot hide the ones I don't always want to see. So I end up with just a long list of files. Its OK if there are just a few but when you have many files searching for the one you want can be difficult.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 10:17 AM | Locked

Randy Sandford:

Would like to be able to put files into custom named categories or folders and be able to show+ or hide- the categories. They way that it is now I cannot put files into a logical group and I cannot hide the ones I don't always want to see. So I end up with just a long list of files. Its OK if there are just a few but when you have many files searching for the one you want can be difficult.

This has been requested before. It seems a reasonable request.

In the meantime, do you know you can find a file quickly by typing it's name (or part of the name) in the "Open" box that appears when you click "Files?" Also, if you're not sure of the name, you can type in the type of file (Clippings, Handouts, etc.) to narrow the list down a bit.

EDIT: You can add your vote on UserVoice for this suggestion by clicking here.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 30209
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 27 2011 11:13 AM | Locked

Some people organize their files in Favorites to "solve" the problem.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5
Randy Sandford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 28 2011 9:57 AM | Locked

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for.
I also learned that a user can drop-and-drag a file from the File list into the Favorites collection and into any custom folder that he/she has added.

This should take care of my dilemma for now.

Thanks MJ, for the tip!!!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS