Notes when creating new template

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1100
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 5:48 AM

I have been working with creating templates for studies. I want to be able to keep a note page along with exe. guide attached to the template, but it seems this is not possible.

If I make notes, they do not stay attached to my study, I always find them in separate area under "files", this is inconvenient, are they planning on making it where your notes stay with your study?

Posts 1147
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:02 AM

Welcome Back!  I am glad you have been sticking with it and even showed up here again.

Unfortunately I really do not use the notes system in Logos, so I can't really help, but what do you mean by templates?  Layouts?

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:03 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

I have been working with creating templates for studies. I want to be able to keep a note page along with exe. guide attached to the template, but it seems this is not possible.

If I make notes, they do not stay attached to my study, I always find them in separate area under "files", this is inconvenient, are they planning on making it where your notes stay with your study?

I'm glad you asked this question. It made me play around with it a bit. You can add a note to a guide. See the picture below. This note will be available whenever you open the guide. the section seems to fit full formatting, or at least the basic formatting I tried out. It also lets you hyperlink, which didn't seem to work the last time I tested it. I create this note in Word and cut and pasted it into the note section. Is this what you were looking for?

Posts 1100
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:13 AM

Phil,

I see where you are talking about which a good feature, but, if you set up a template, then click the "+" to add a tab make it "exegetical guide", then again to make it "notes", close the template and reopen- the lwo tabs are not there, and any notes you have made are no longer attached to that study.

You can only locate them under "files" then "notes" on the home page.

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:15 AM

Whyndell,

Don't want to ask a stupid question, but did you resave the layout?

Posts 1147
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:18 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Phil,

I see where you are talking about which a good feature, but, if you set up a template, then click the "+" to add a tab make it "exegetical guide", then again to make it "notes", close the template and reopen- the lwo tabs are not there, and any notes you have made are no longer attached to that study.

You can only locate them under "files" then "notes" on the home page.

As I said above, I have litle experience with this feature, but doesn't it come up under "my files" at the top of any passage guide run on this text?  The few times I played with this in beta it did.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 1100
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:19 AM

Damian

That was going to be my 2nd question how do you save these?

Like we use to the "save workspace", which I sorely miss.

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:21 AM

Whyndell,

this is another way...

Make a layout including your notes...and all of your study material....

name it and exit...

It opens to that same study including the notes when you next choose it..

ALSO...

if you don't use the homepage; I don't...if you close logos with this layout open...it will open to this same layout when you relaunch....very convienent.

http://www.screencast.com/users/rpavich123/folders/Jing/media/5b33535a-32fe-4419-8321-6e8d09cff389

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1147
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:21 AM

You save layouts by draging a layout over to the left side of the layout pane.  You can then rename it to anything you want by using the pencil icon.

Posts 1100
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:21 AM

I'll check back in 30 mins have to run an errand for some truck parts, love my 96 F350 w/ 7.3l deisel- beautiful blue baby she is.

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:26 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Damian

That was going to be my 2nd question how do you save these?

Like we use to the "save workspace", which I sorely miss.

This might help..

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:26 AM

Kenneth McGuire:

You save layouts by draging a layout over to the left side of the layout pane.  You can then rename it to anything you want by using the pencil icon.

Dragging doesn't work for me, but this would be cool if it did!

Posts 1100
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:58 AM

Phil,

I tired your suggestion and it worked- exe guide and notes stayed with study- and thats what I need it to do.

Thanks

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:01 AM

Philip..

first...thanks for the dragging layout tip...I didn't know that..

Second...in this method where you make notes in a PG...next time you run a pg...do you get the same notes?

I might want to take notes specifically for a certain thing..and not see them when I just happened to be in Matt 4 again....

Robert Pavich

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:03 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Phil,

I tired your suggestion and it worked- exe guide and notes stayed with study- and thats what I need it to do.

Thanks

Your welcome. You can also save both of them in a favorites folder, then to open up those two items next time simply right click on the folder and select "open all these favorites"

Posts 1
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:05 AM

Yes. I'm pretty sure it saves the notes. Thats why a way to see that there is a passage guide made for a given range of verses while reading the Bible would be so helpful. I am REALLY glad that hyperlinking in these boxes works. If there is a book that goes in depth about a passage I can add it to the passage guide by putting it in the notes!

Posts 1100
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:18 AM

How do I change the page layout- something like if you put a verse in the home page?

Posts 1100
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 7:41 AM

Phil got it figured out on how to change layout.

Posts 1100
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:13 AM

Phil

I saved as a favorite but it does not save my EG and Notes- I always have to return to layouts to retrieve the full study.

Any Ideas?

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:15 AM

Whyndell,

that's why I've been using layouts...they "open up all of your references" automatically and get you right back to where you were...your train of thought, so to speak.

Robert Pavich

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS