Camp Logos DVD license.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Fred H. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 31 2011 10:31 AM

Our senior pastor and I (assistant pastor) are considering purchasing Camp Logos 1 on DVD. We both have Logos and believe we would benefit greatly with the instruction videos.  We would like to split the cost and each copy to our hard drives.  We want to make sure that this is allowed by the license agreement with this series and that it would be physically possible considering we have different (separate) Logos licenses.

If not, then would it be possible for both of us to use this resource if the church were to purchase it?

Thank you for your help.

In His Peace, Fred

“We love because he first loved us.” (1 John 4:19, ESV)

CBCWallace.org

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 11:00 AM

Fred H.:
We would like to split the cost and each copy to our hard drives.  We want to make sure that this is allowed by the license agreement with this series

I do not believe that is allowed unless you secure permission from the copyright holder (Either Morris Proctor Seminars or Logos. I am not sure which version you have. The Academic video series are a Logos product while the standard series are an MPS product. I'm still unsure about who holds the rights.)

Fred H.:
If not, then would it be possible for both of us to use this resource if the church were to purchase it?

If the video license is similar to the Logos license, the answer would be "No." For now, Logos Bible software is licensed to people, not an institution. It would technically not be permissible to use one license in a church library or seminary library. I would be thrilled to see some type of site licensing that would address this need. I do not have the Camp Logos Academic training series so I can't tell you whether or not the license could allow your specific request. It is described as if it permits classroom use.

It would be best to direct your question to either Logos or Morris Proctor Seminars for an authoritative answer.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS