Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 10:55 AM

Bob, Bradley or any one else with a clue :)

In 3.0 we had the ability to change font sizes on a per language basis. For example I could set Syriac to 200%, Hebrew to 125% and leave Greek and English at 100%. Seems I cannot do this with 4.0. I can set ONE font size for the whole system. Unfortunately I have to have Syriac at a minimum of 200% in order to be able to read it (old eyes :). That makes the rest of the fonts to large to be of use. Can we get control of font sizes for the individual languages again?

By the way, while I am not yet comfortable with the new interface and I really wish all the functionality were already in V4 so I could delete V3, so far I have not run into any bugs and what you have here already is pretty fantastic. Thanks for the hard work!

---

James W Bennett

http://syriac.tara-lu.com/

Posts 407
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:12 AM

James,

You can do this by increasing the font size for the individual book you are reading. Click on the book icon, then increasing the slider bar. While this will not increase the font for every book with that font type (which is what you're asking), the change will remain after the book has been closed. So once you make the change once in each book, it will remain changed.

Hope that helps!

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:06 PM

Yes, but that would increase the font size for every font in the book. So you have readable Syriac with VERY large unusable English if you have a book with intermixed Syriac and English. While I do not believe there are any resources right now with that problem (they seem to be using a larger Syriac font in the Sedra Lexicon and Symbols of Church and Kingdom used transliteration for most of the Syriac text)  there will be some very soon. The critical edition of the Peshitta is NEARLY out of the "gathering interest" state (hmmm... maybe I should order a third copy :) And if we ever get the Syriac collection it will really have problems.

---

James W Bennett

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:02 PM

Yup there is an example. Try the Targum Lexicon, the Syriac intermixed with the English is just too small for me to be able to read unless I bump the size up and make the English too large.

On the VERY positive side, it only took 1.47 secs to search the entire 1200+ resources for the letter bet. Although I know I have more resources than that, I'll wait until Logos releases the library bibliographic capabilities so i can compare with the V3 installation.

So Kudos on the improved search speed!!!

---

I may also have to eat my earlier words :) Just went back to V1 and have 1168 non-PBB resources. With 1208 in V4 they are close enough there probably isn't a problem and with the increase in V4 I perhaps didn't have a few on the disk anymore.

---

James W Bennett

Posts 4944
Forum MVP
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:10 PM

James W Bennett:
In 3.0 we had the ability to change font sizes on a per language basis. For example I could set Syriac to 200%, Hebrew to 125% and leave Greek and English at 100%

This has my vote too.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Moving Logos between systems / Detailed Search Help - ThinkPad T520: 2.4GHz i5-2430M, 8GB, 7200RPM HD, integrated video

Posts 13628
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:42 PM

Todd Phillips:
This has my vote too.

Yes, I still muddle around interpreting all the dots in Hebrew and really need to know I'm seeing clearly (now don't go quoting Paul on me).

Logos4catholics Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1965
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 6:53 PM

I had fonts sizes set differently in 3.0 for Hebrew as well.

I would love to see this in 4.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS