Collections Help

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 97
Dave Gifford | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 5 2011 11:58 AM

two questions1. I can't find the forum search button anywhere, can someone show me where it is?

2. In LLS3 we used to be able to make a collection definition and share it. In L4, the collection creation process escapes me. I always manage to get more or less than I want. Is there a way to share collection definitions in L4, for example a Perseus collection definition? or is there a tutorial on collections to help me with my ignorance?
DaveG

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 12:09 PM

Dave Gifford:

two questions1. I can't find the forum search button anywhere, can someone show me where it is?

2. In LLS3 we used to be able to make a collection definition and share it. In L4, the collection creation process escapes me. I always manage to get more or less than I want. Is there a way to share collection definitions in L4, for example a Perseus collection definition? or is there a tutorial on collections to help me with my ignorance?
DaveG

Open Collections (Tools>Collections); Title it Perseus (or whatever you like); and then enter this rule: publisher:perseus

This will include all resources with a publisher that includes the word "perseus." Since only the Perseus collection has "Perseus" as a publisher, no other rules are necessary.

EDIT: Forgot to answer your first question. Forum searches don't work well. The best way to search the forums is to enter your search term and then site:community.logos.com into your favorite search engine (works in Google, e.g.) for example: perseus site:community.logos.com

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 5 2011 12:11 PM

Dave Gifford:
I can't find the forum search button anywhere, can someone show me where it is?

Wiki Using the Forums => Searching for posts and => Searching the forum using Google

Dave Gifford:
Is there a way to share collection definitions in L4, for example a Perseus collection definition?

Wiki => Example Collections has many Perseus examples

Dave Gifford:
is there a tutorial on collections to help me with my ignorance?

Wiki => Collections

Edit: wiki Getting Started with Logos => Collections includes Tips and video tutorial links.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS