Lost ability to edit posts

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:10 PM

Yesterday, I logged out of my account online at logos.com

I logged back in and today I cannot edit any of my previous posts.

I made a post today and I can edit that post but I cannot edit any of the post I made before logging out of the online account.

Is there a way to get that ability back. I have a typo that I want to correct.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 12:15 PM

Trey,

There is a time limit on editing.

You have to live with yesterday's typo - I have to live with things I wrote which cannot be taken back :)

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 4:37 AM

It's annoying not being able to edit posts.

Posts 236
David Ladiges | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 9:18 AM

Originally, we had an even shorter time limit with post editing to allow corrections of typos. That was to limit the editing so we wouldn't see several following posts referencing a statement that no longer existed in a post because that post was edited after the following posts were made.

After enough feedback that not everybody caught their typos in just a few minutes, the editing time was increased to 10 hours. Hopefully, plenty of time to edit typos and simple mistakes, and not long enough that a post gets edited days after it is created.

Posts 8644
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 9:30 AM

Well....

I can see the logic of it.  I guess I like to post adenda's to some posts that way all of the relevant information is in just one post.

But, I'll acquiesce that 10 hours is more than sufficient to fix a typo - and just make another post.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 179
Trey Selman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 9:31 AM

Thanks David, appreciate the knowledge.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS