Posts 3
Ceron Pugh | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 9 2011 6:11 PM

War including nuclear armament

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2011 6:36 PM

Ceron Pugh:

Peace to you, Ceron!        *smile*                    and                     Great Joy in the Lord!

I'm not quite sure what you are asking or suggesting or whatever in your various posts.         The purpose of the Logos Bible Software Forums is about how to use Logos 4 and many other Logos products and services; and the forum members share extensively with their helps and ideas!            A wonderful forum, actually!

Please notice the guidelines for the Forums (or the right side of the main Forums page -- under "shortcuts"..........

One of the especial things we avoid doing very studiously is any theological debate.  Rather, we share how to use Logos4, for example, to find and study various concepts!

Perhaps you might want to re-phrase your posts!                                                                                 

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2011 7:36 PM

Ceron Pugh:

Hi Ceron, I understand your post to be asking for resources included in your Scholar Silver library that addresses war and weapons of mass destruction. (I guess that from your post on October 25th.) I found only one that happens to be included in the Silver level of Scholar's library:

Jesus, Revolutionary of Peace: A Nonviolent Christology in the Book of Revelation

Here are a few more that address war but they are titles you have to purchase separately:

When is it Right to Fight? by Morey, Robert A.

Table of Contents
Introduction
Chapter 1    The Law and the Prophets
Chapter 2    Jesus and the Gospels
Chapter 3    The Apostles and the Epistles
Chapter 4    The Early Church and War
Chapter 5    The Fathers and the Reformers
Chapter 6    The Creeds and the Confessions
Chapter 7    Francis Schaeffer and Other Modern Leaders
Chapter 8    Questions and Answers
Conclusion
Recommended Reading

The Christian Attitude toward War by Boettner, Loraine

The Christian Doctrine of Peace by Hastings, James

Biblical Ethics by Eckman, James P.

If you go to your Library search box in Logos 4 you can try differently worded searches and explore your own library. I tried "pacifism", "War", and "non-violence" to find these titles. You can also do this for the other subjects you have been posting about; "Sin", "Homosexuality", "Theology", and so forth.  Your search results will be very quick. That is what the indexing of resources in Logos is designed for. With a little practice and experimentation, you will discover lots of creative ways to word your searches.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2011 7:43 PM

Great answer, Matthew!         *smile*                     Peace!

Isaiah 43:1-2

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 9 2011 8:29 PM

Ceron Pugh:

First, nuclear armament isn't considered in the bible.  Regarding war, we are instructed to be peaceful and peacemakers, but clearly both Jesus and Paul considered war to be a function of the state.

Luke 14:31 Or what king, going out to wage war against another king, will not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to oppose the one who comes against him with twenty thousand?

Romans 13:4 for it is God’s servant for your good. But if you do what is wrong, you should be afraid, for the authority does not bear the sword in vain! It is the servant of God to execute wrath on the wrongdoer.

A Logos resource you might be interested in

Bredin, Mark. Jesus, Revolutionary of Peace: A Nonviolent Christology in the Book of Revelation. Milton Keynes: Paternoster, 2003.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3
Ceron Pugh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 10 2011 11:10 AM

Thank you for the resources.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS