Request: ISO image of install disk

Page 1 of 4 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 73 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1872
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:01 PM

Logos 4 is disigned to work with sychronizing across a user's multiple computers.  Can we please have an ISO image of a DVD with the installation program and the most common resources available so that we don't have to spend as much time DLing resources?

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 705
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 2:09 PM

It had been discussed, however no final decision/comment that I have seen yet. I'm another in the let us download the .iso of the resource DVD... As well as a way to download/back-up our license ourselves...

Gives the end-user the ability to have access to their library and install if they are not able to connect to the internet for any amount of time, or to avoid overage fees for those that do face them.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Kenneth McGuire:

Logos 4 is disigned to work with sychronizing across a user's multiple computers.  Can we please have an ISO image of a DVD with the installation program and the most common resources available so that we don't have to spend as much time DLing resources?

The installation disc is a dual-layer DVD, so the ISO is 7.9GB (and it only includes the resources through Platinum); is this too large, or is it what you want?

Posts 590
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:46 PM

It would suite me just perfect! Thanks for putting this together for us.

Posts 705
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 3:56 PM

I think it would be worth the one huge download to have it available as a back-up/emergency install option.

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

BobbyTerhune:

We'll try to have this available early next week.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 4:25 PM

Bradley Grainger:

BobbyTerhune:

That's actually a great idea for installing on a few computers. It'll end up saving Logos some bandwidth too. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 3
Paul Graham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 5:27 PM

Excellent. Putting this on an 8BG USB drive will make the install on my laptop easier.

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 6:46 AM

Bradley Grainger:

Thanks very useful.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 8:18 AM

Killer...I have an 8gb thumb drive...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 9:59 AM

sounds good, but I have 13gb of resources so just wont work...

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 6730
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 11:53 AM

Bradley, is Logos 4.0 available on a sd card or other flash media, like we have for 3.0? 

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 17
EricS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:19 PM

Here is an idea...

Pay the $8.95 ground UPS shipping and get your disk.  That is an option when you get your new package plus you can also download while you wait for your DVD. So if you chose not to pay the extra shipping cost for a disk, I don't we should ask LOGOS to come up with another way to install on multiple platforms.

Posts 59
Nathan Wells | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:13 PM

I am interested in getting the ISO as well.  Thanks!

-Nathan

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

Lynden Williams:

Bradley, is Logos 4.0 available on a sd card or other flash media, like we have for 3.0? 

No, it isn't yet. (And since the 3.0 SD card was targeted at netbooks, and Logos 4 isn't really targeted at netbooks, I'm not sure if it will be coming back or not.)

Posts 38
David Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 5:19 PM

I would love to have the ISO image available, as well. Thanks for a great product.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 9:27 PM

Bradley Grainger:

Logos 4 isn't really targeted at netbooks,

I run Logos on my netbook daily and it works great! Honestly no complaints on my netbook except that initial indexing takes just more than 24 hours. But that's not really that bad. It definitely doesn't run any worse than 3

Please keep netbooks at least in-mind as you proceed.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 11
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 1:28 AM

I would also like an ISO image of the install disk!

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 1:37 AM

Jacob Hantla:

I run Logos on my netbook daily and it works great! Honestly no complaints on my netbook except that initial indexing takes just more than 24 hours. But that's not really that bad. It definitely doesn't run any worse than 3

Please keep netbooks at least in-mind as you proceed.

Agree 100% - or I wouldn't have spent time helping other netbook users to install. 

In fact, I think that it's a marvel on a netbook. I used it for over 4 weeks (in Beta) only on a netbook and the number of complaints which were directly netbook related were minimal (I get no pictures on my home page).

Posts 16
Slabs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:14 AM

Will it be possible to get a Media-Only DVD, as with L3? 

Page 1 of 4 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS