Request: ISO image of install disk

Page 2 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 73 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:18 AM

John Phillips:

Will it be possible to get a Media-Only DVD, as with L3? 

http://www.logos.com/products/details/5579

Posts 34
Ian McAsey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:25 AM

Please put me on the list to receive an ISO too, Thanks

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:27 AM

Suggestion: that logos seed a torrent of the ISO.  If the ISO lacked any license information, so what then if a million other people wanted a copy? 

If you seed it I'll repeat it myself as well. 

Lots of companies are looking into bittorrent.  Check it out: http://www.bittorrent.com

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:03 AM

Ditto that to Thomas Black...as long as I have HDD space :)  Anyone wanna donate to me a bigger HDD for my Macbook? Currently a 160GB.

all about Christ,

David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:19 AM

I've got a readynas DUO in my tech closet that runs bittorrent.  I just let it run.

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:44 AM

Thomas,

I wanted to let you know I do seed the PBB torrents from your site. Thanks.

all about Christ,
David Buckham 

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 18
davidmwallace@cox.net | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 10:56 AM

For what it is worth, I would buy the SD or any flash media device with the image on it, including the hardware. For me, the portability of a card is worth every penny and I find them far more functional than Disc.

I hope you consider making images/data available this way again.

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 11:07 AM

Good idea Thomas.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 11:12 AM

+1 on the torrent idea.  Logos can seed it as well with their servers.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 1:26 PM

DominicM:

sounds good, but I have 13gb of resources so just wont work...

Just checked eBay and the 64GB USB drives are running $25 w/free shipping.  Seems everything can be accomodated for a fee.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 38
David Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:30 PM

Please, no torrents.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:34 PM

David, I'm curious why?  If it's because you don't want to run BT yourself, that's fine - I'd hope that both were available. 

Posts 38
David Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:39 PM

Thomas, I didn't mean to sound so dogmatic. You nailed it, I hate running BT; however, whatever Logos decides  to do is totally up to them (no problem with that). I think both options would be great.

Posts 1
Ian Forest-Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 3:22 PM

Put me down on the growing list of people who would like an ISO image of the installation disk.  I'm in Australia and am much too impatient to wait for the mail to be delivered, which is why I opted to download the files.  Being able to download the disk, rather than files, would have made the install process (with its inevitable hiccups) that much easier. 

Not much bandwidth available to me, I'm afraid.  I've already maxed out the church's account (so sad).

Grace and peace,
Ian

Posts 9153
LogosEmployee

I ran into a slight problem: I was going to host the file at Amazon S3 (which will also automatically seed the file), but it can't store files over 5GB. (And none of the tools I was using to upload informed me of this salient fact, so I kept retrying the upload for far longer than necessary...)

Before I go and simply make the ISO image available via FTP, does anyone have any better suggestions? (I could split the file into two parts, but I don't think I can convince S3 to construct one torrent from the two files.)

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:18 PM

Thomas Black:

David, I'm curious why?  If it's because you don't want to run BT yourself, that's fine - I'd hope that both were available. 

Thomas, A lot of people in rural areas don't have fast or even slow internet service. When I had SWB DSL service they warned me hosting files on a BBS (even non-copyrighted) was against my private account usage agreement. It consumed more bandwidth than they were willing to alot me. I had to switch to Cox broadband to keep my fast & voluminous file transfers. My father is in a small town with slow dial-up. He could never download 10GB. His phone service & elecricity aren't that reliable.

There are other reasons too.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:21 PM

Matthew,

Granted, but if I were on slow dialup, I wouldn't consider downloading a whole ISO, Bittorrent or not.  I would have it shipped to me.  I would presume that anyone interested in downloading an ISO would have the bandwidth for it.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:23 PM

Bradley, could you split the file and then create your own torrent to upload to S3?  uTorrent (bittorrent.com) has the ability to create torrent files, you just type in the host information.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2009 6:51 PM

Bradley Grainger:
think I can convince S3 to construct one torrent from the two files.)

Must it be one  ISO? If you created smaller discs and had multiples (Like the old X Series & Version 3 discs, --remember way back when... Big Smile ?)

Could you not put Logos 4 on one, and split resources for Gold, Platinum, Portfolio 1,2,3  and so on ?

Sorry for duplicating Thomas' post. Got distracted with a kid crisis halfway through. Still, I think it would work. 

Posts 317
Paul Meathrel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:23 AM

Bradley Grainger:

I ran into a slight problem: I was going to host the file at Amazon S3 (which will also automatically seed the file), but it can't store files over 5GB. (And none of the tools I was using to upload informed me of this salient fact, so I kept retrying the upload for far longer than necessary...)

Before I go and simply make the ISO image available via FTP, does anyone have any better suggestions? (I could split the file into two parts, but I don't think I can convince S3 to construct one torrent from the two files.)

Why not create a torrent and let a few people seed it for you? That way you don't need to worry about FTP and it'll distribute quickly with enough seeders.

Page 2 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS