Request: ISO image of install disk

Page 4 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 73 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 7:43 PM

Yohanes:
Thanks Thomas. But I don't really need a package. I have a Logos Software version 2 and I have the Word Biblical Commentary and the Complete Works of Cornelius Van Til. It's enough for me, but I just need the user-interface of Logos Bible Software 4.

It is free to download the Logos 4 engine (you can get it from http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe), however there are some features in it which won't work unless you pay for the new databases required for them. The "minimal crossgrade" is 69.95. All your old resources should still work, though.

Here is some more info on moving to Logos 4 from previous versions: http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/12/4_ways_to_move_to_logos_4.html. Pay particular attention to options #3 (the minimal crossgrade) and #4 (just downloading the free engine).

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 7:46 PM

Yohanes:

@Thomas:

Thanks Thomas. But I don't really need a package. I have a Logos Software version 2 and I have the Word Biblical Commentary and the Complete Works of Cornelius Van Til. It's enough for me, but I just need the user-interface of Logos Bible Software 4.

@Mark:

Surely I don't have money to buy that. So it is very useless if I download that 7 Gb iso link right?

The L4 engine is free. You can download it here http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe and save a lot of bandwidth over downloading an outdated ISO with lots of books you probably don't own. When you log in with your user ID L4 should start downloading all the books you have a license to. If you are currently using Libronix, make certain you sync your licenses before you download L4. Hopefully it will all work out. If L4 doesn't automatically recognize the books you own you might need to contact Customer Service to get it straightened out.

EDIT: I see Rosie beat me to it Smile

Posts 7
Yohanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 10:49 PM

I have save the L4 setup but cannot complete the installation (freeze in downloading file). I use WIndows XP SP 3 OS.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 11:13 PM

Yohanes:

I have save the L4 setup but cannot complete the installation (freeze in downloading file). I use WIndows XP SP 3 OS.

Do you get any log files (in your Logos Log Files folder) which might show error messages about what caused the installation to freeze? Look for PrerequisitesInstall.log, DigitalLibraryInstall.log and/or Logos4setup.log). If you find these files, zip them and post them on this thread. There's info on how to do that here: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_logging and here: http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs.

Posts 7
Yohanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 26 2010 11:24 PM

No, the very first beginning of setup is not running.

Just showing the box

Logos Bible Software 4 Setup

Please wait while Setup downloads files

Downloading Logos 4 Prerequisites Installer...

Progress...

but it not progressing... I wait for the long time and still the same. so I mus cancel and is says "setup was unable to to download a required file".

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 7:40 AM

Yohanes,

Occasionally I've seen a similar issue that was due to a firewall blocking the program from downloading.  Would it be possible for you to check and see if that might be the case?

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 7
Yohanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 9:06 AM

Thank you Thomas. I have turned of my Kaspersky and the L4 is downloading the file now.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 27 2010 10:00 AM

Just make sure you turn it back on after the download Wink 

Kaspersky (great choice IMHO) can be told to permit specific programs, if Logos continues to be an issue let me know and I'll check on the steps for making sure Logos can access the internet.

Posts 7
Yohanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 9:48 AM

another problem... visual studio jus-in-time debugger... new instance of visual studio 2005.... please help me...

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:02 AM

Yohanes:

another problem... visual studio jus-in-time debugger... new instance of visual studio 2005.... please help me...

How is this related to Logos?  Can you clarify?

Posts 7
Yohanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2010 10:49 AM

L4 was installed. But when double-click the program, that error appears and can't open the program.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 31 2010 4:38 AM

Yohanes:

L4 was installed. But when double-click the program, that error appears and can't open the program.

Understood.

Can I ask you to enable Diagnostic Logging , then to create a new thread and Upload the Logs there?  Then We'll take a look and try to keep all the relevant information in one post.

Posts 6
Mosheh Wandry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 10:43 PM

Is the ISO file not available anymore? I really want to download the Logos 4 Platinum ISO, so that I can install it when I need and dont need to redownload, please, any others FTP link? Thanks

Posts 13420
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 1:45 AM

Mosheh Wandry:

Is the ISO file not available anymore? I really want to download the Logos 4 Platinum ISO, so that I can install it when I need and dont need to redownload, please, any others FTP link? Thanks

If you back up your entire Logos 4 folder, you'll be able to reinstall it when required (although you will need internet access to sign in and confirm your licences). Resources and the application get updated far too often to keep ISOs any where near up to date.

Page 4 of 4 (74 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS