Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 9:37 PM | Locked

Joe Miller:

George Somsel:
What package do you have?
Scholars.

That explains it since the Scholars Library is the lowest priced package containing these items.  I have the OLL heavily supplemented by resources found in the more expensive packages including some found only in the Portfolio package.  Since I had it in 3.0, even though it was not a separate resource, I feel I should also have it in 4.0. 

PRAY FOR OUR COUNTRY -- TYRANNY HAS RAISED ITS UGLY HEAD WITH THE HOUSE PASSAGE OF THE SO-CALLED "HEALTH CARE REFORM."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 29660
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2009 11:14 PM | Locked

George Somsel:
I doubt that since in 3.0 neither the Eusebian Canons nor Aland's Synopsis is an actual resource.

This is an area where Logos did themselves proud.  The canons are an actual parallel resource ... and (sort of) a pericope resource. I think Logos has made a big jump forward for academics in this area.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1698
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:25 AM | Locked

Martha, I actually agree.  The new system is better.  I just wish that I had it, especially since I did have a lesser form of it before.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Basic, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 9281
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:49 PM | Locked

George Somsel:
Since I had it in 3.0, even though it was not a separate resource, I feel I should also have it in 4.0. 

I do agree with you, George. Maybe someone from Logos can chime in and explain the change and whether there is a way to restore those resources to you and others.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:27 PM | Locked

These are both books in version 4. My understanding is that if we have the resource in 3 and licenses are syncronized then these resources will download to version 4.  I installed from the file on the logos server and all of my old and third party resources installed (including ten year old books that Logos is no longer licensed to sell).

Posts 9281
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:30 PM | Locked

MikeWaterhouse:
My understanding is that if we have the resource in 3 and licenses are syncronized then these resources will download to version 4. 

The issue seems to be that these technically were not 'resources' in 3.0. They were part of a tool. I agree that the functionality these provided in 3.0 should not be taken away in 4.0 from those who had them. Logos can sell rearranged packages as they choose, but should be sure to make equivalent resources available to upgraders.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:52 PM | Locked

Mark A. Smith:

MikeWaterhouse:
My understanding is that if we have the resource in 3 and licenses are syncronized then these resources will download to version 4. 

The issue seems to be that these technically were not 'resources' in 3.0. They were part of a tool. I agree that the functionality these provided in 3.0 should not be taken away in 4.0 from those who had them. Logos can sell rearranged packages as they choose, but should be sure to make equivalent resources available to upgraders.

That seems like a technicality, It would be interesting to find out what Logos actual position is on this since this.Huh?

Posts 9281
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:31 PM | Locked

MikeWaterhouse:
That seems like a technicality

Giving Logos the benefit of the doubt they may not have caught this. Afterall it is George and only three other people who actually own the Original Languages Library. Wink

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS