Black Flash in between slides

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Justin Richter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 19 2011 9:38 AM

I scoured the posts and could not find someone else that has said anything about this, so this may just be my issue, but I've noticed on a consistent basis that as I click between verses and chorus there is a flash of black screen before the transition.  Definitely ruins the flow of it all. 

Running a Windows XP machine with the latest build of Proclaim.
Intel Pentium 4, 2.80 GHz, 2 GB of RAM

Other than this issue, I am a huge Proclaim fan.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2011 5:43 PM

This is the first I've heard of this. What transition effect are you using?

Posts 7
Ryan Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2011 8:09 PM

I have noticed the same problem. However for us it only occurs if moving through transitions quickly. If we spend more than a second or two on one screen the transition to the next will be smooth. If just clicking through it does the black flash you mentioned.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 19 2011 8:15 PM

Ryan Nelson:
However for us it only occurs if moving through transitions quickly. If we spend more than a second or two on one screen the transition to the next will be smooth.

This behavior is by design. We want to allow users to quickly arrow through slides (most likely at design/test time) w/o having to wait for the transitions to complete.

Posts 7
Ryan Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2011 8:25 PM

Ok, i see how skipping the transition is part of the design. However, at our church i have noticed the black flash that Justin speaks of. It's almost everytime for us. maybe once every 4 slides it will be smooth. Even after remaining on the slide for significant amounts of time.

Posts 3
Justin Richter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 4 2011 9:16 PM

Yeah, it is the exact same as Ryan. It's just about everytime and to say its every 4th is a pretty accurate assessment. We definitely give it plenty of time. In songs it is just the normal time to switch between verse and chorus. Help please. 

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 5 2011 8:53 AM

Justin Richter:

Yeah, it is the exact same as Ryan. It's just about everytime and to say its every 4th is a pretty accurate assessment. We definitely give it plenty of time. In songs it is just the normal time to switch between verse and chorus. Help please. 

Ryan Nelson:

Ok, i see how skipping the transition is part of the design. However, at our church i have noticed the black flash that Justin speaks of. It's almost everytime for us. maybe once every 4 slides it will be smooth. Even after remaining on the slide for significant amounts of time.

I'd be curious to know what the specifications of your graphics processor are. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 31
Kyle Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 11:00 AM

I sent hunter some videos of this (or a similar) problem. Mine only blacks out the background (not the text) but seems to go away if i go to edit mode after moving to that song.

Posts 7
Ryan Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 11:59 AM

i tried the edit mode and noticed that it woks fine then as well. thanks for the tip!

Posts 7
Ryan Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 12:05 PM

Hunter Clagett:

I'd be curious to know what the specifications of your graphics processor are. 

Thanks,

Ill have to check out our graphics card and update you next sunday.

Posts 6
TJ Lawson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 12:28 PM

We are having the same issue. I would call it shaking and flickering. But is a pain. We are not using and transitions now but we were using the fade transition. We are having the trouble a Windows Vista machine. It is Nvidia GeForce 9100, ADM x2 5400 processor. 4 gb of ram.

any ideas? 

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 3:34 PM

Kyle Ward:

I sent hunter some videos of this (or a similar) problem. Mine only blacks out the background (not the text) but seems to go away if i go to edit mode after moving to that song.

Yes, it was quite clear in the video you sent. We are looking into the issue, though it has been tough to reproduce on our end.

Thank you for your patience.

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 31
Kyle Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 18 2011 5:57 PM

I sincerely appreciate the update hunter. Thank you.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2011 3:40 PM

Kyle Ward:

I sincerely appreciate the update hunter. Thank you.

I have finally been able to reproduce this issue consistently. Our developers will be taking a look at this. 

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 3
Justin Richter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 19 2011 3:57 PM

I really appreciate everyone weighing in and looking into this.  I'm the one that started the thread and have been the least active.  We've got a new baby boy and life has been crazy.  Looking forward to the update.

Posts 7
Ryan Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 3:13 PM

i would like to echo.. thanks for looking into this.

Posts 53
Stephanie Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 19 2013 4:32 PM

was there ever any resolution to this problem? We seem to be seeing this happening and just started using proclaim

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 22 2013 8:56 AM

Stonebridge Church:

was there ever any resolution to this problem? We seem to be seeing this happening and just started using proclaim

It would be helpful to see your log files per the thread here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39446.aspx

Also, what kind of setup are you using? How does your projector connect to your presentation computer?

- Hunter Clagett

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 53
Stephanie Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 5:27 PM

Below is the set up we are using...

I just submitted the log files as directed in the above thread...

- iMac early 2009 - 8 GB Ram - Core 2 Duo processor
 - MiniDisplay to DVI adapter
 - DVI cable to Kramer switcher
 - from Kramer switcher to Kramer distribution amp
 - from Kramer distribution amp to multiple projectors (I believe these take a VGA signal and break it into 5 video signals (via an adapter) signal sent over the video cables (roughly 75 feet) where it goes back into an adapter and connects to the projectors via VGA.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS