Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 215
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 25 2009 1:11 PM

I am new to the syntax search, so I'm probably making a stupid mistake.  I'm just trying to make some simple searches to find sources.

I selected: Hebrew Bible: Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis
Range: Pentateuch

Clause 1
     Clause IC: 1 structure=subject
           Segment 1: Source=Yahwist (prose)

I get 0 results.  This seems to happen no matter what when I try a source tag.  If I remove the source tag and try all kinds of clausal combinations, for example, I get plenty of results, so I just can't figure out what's going on.

Any help appreciated,

Dudley

Posts 25289
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 25 2009 10:23 PM

DudleyCRose:
I get 0 results.  This seems to happen no matter what when I try a source tag. 

Generally start at the bottom before constraining your results i.e.

Segment 1: Source=Yahwist (prose)

That also produces 0 results! I also got zero results with Segment 1: Source = { "K" Genealogy, Yahwist (Poetry), Yahwist (Prose) }

I got zero results for Yahwist, Elohist and Priestly - in fact zero for all Source tags. Something is clearly wrong with the database as Gen 1 is tagged Priestly in AFAT. I had much better results with Text Type.

Comment please, Logos!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 7:59 AM

I too am very new to the syntax querries...but I am not at all able to start ...

When I try to do the search, 'choose database' option, has no resources. My program is upto date (Lib 3.0f). What are the exact files I need, (to make sure they are there), and where they should be?

The same thing happens with 'audio bible'. I find that the 'schwandt' file is present in the Libdls/common/datafiles. But the the option to select the bible remains empty...

Any help is much appreciated...

Thank you in advance 

Posts 25289
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 9:13 AM

Jonathan:
When I try to do the search, 'choose database' option, has no resources. My program is upto date (Lib 3.0f). What are the exact files I need, (to make sure they are there), and where they should be?

The 3 databases should be in C:\Libronix DLS\Common\SyntaxDatabases, assuming you have a base product that gives you the licence i.e Original Languages or any variety of Scholar's Library. If you have one of these and your Logos v3 Installation Disc you can copy the databases from the SyntaxDatabases folder to your hard drive.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 31
Justin Kooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:40 AM

Dave Hooton:

Jonathan:

The 3 databases should be in C:\Libronix DLS\Common\SyntaxDatabases, assuming you have a base product that gives you the licence i.e Original Languages or any variety of Scholar's Library. If you have one of these and your Logos v3 Installation Disc you can copy the databases from the SyntaxDatabases folder to your hard drive.

This update should take care of any files you need assuming that you have licenses to those databases.

http://www.logos.com/media/update/SeriesXAutoUpdate.lbxupd  (Look under 'Optional' as well)

Justin K.

Logos Ministry Development

360-685-4441

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 12:34 PM

Thank you very much... I am doing the update, I hope that would be fine. Since I am away on holidays, installation disk is not with me ( I need to get back home, for that).  But I hope the update would would work. Thanks a lot

Posts 10
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 26 2009 8:30 AM

Yea... the update helped me to solve the problem with Syntax. However, the audio bible problem remains. What are the files needed, where they should be???  I tried the addins update several times...it says the program is uptodate... but nothing seems to be happening with Audio Bible (also with sermon file)  ... what can be done ?? Thanking you...

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS