Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 26 2011 3:35 PM

When I press on the link to a Bible verse in BDAG (Bauer's Greek Lexicon), I get gibberish. For example, Matt 5:18 displays as "o rl a oyu ni evnaderhps wy i h mletle rsrk hl asfo h a ni I sacmlse". My default Bible in Logos 4 is NASB.

Also if I touch the "jump to reference" link in the pop-up window, nothing happens. But if I touch the Bible verse in the pop-up, it goes to the NASB.

I get the same problem in the footnotes for the NASB. It appears my tablet is speaking in tongues, but I don't have the gift of interpretation.

Posts 27251
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 9:15 PM

Harry Hahne:
I get the same problem in the footnotes for the NASB. It appears my tablet is speaking in tongues, but I don't have the gift of interpretation.

Now we have three threads which variously describe the language as "garbled", "gobbledygook"or "gibberish"!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 10:40 PM

Harry Hahne:

When I press on the link to a Bible verse in BDAG (Bauer's Greek Lexicon), I get gibberish. For example, Matt 5:18 displays as "o rl a oyu ni evnaderhps wy i h mletle rsrk hl asfo h a ni I sacmlse". My default Bible in Logos 4 is NASB.

Also if I touch the "jump to reference" link in the pop-up window, nothing happens. But if I touch the Bible verse in the pop-up, it goes to the NASB.

I don't know what the problem might be since I prioritized the NASB, clicked on ἀμήν in Mt 5.18, found Mt 5:18 in the BDAG text, hovered, and got a clear popup of the NASB Mt 5.18 (then removed the NASB from the prioritization).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 25351
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 11:29 PM

George Somsel:
I don't know what the problem might be since I prioritized the NASB, clicked on ἀμήν in Mt 5.18, found Mt 5:18 in the BDAG text, hovered, and got a clear popup of the NASB Mt 5.18 (then removed the NASB from the prioritization).

George

Are you describing your experience on Windows?

This thread is discussing a problem in the Android app

Graham

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 26 2011 11:37 PM

Graham Criddle:

Are you describing your experience on Windows?

This thread is discussing a problem in the Android app

Oops !  Sorry.  I don't pay much attention to those distinctions.  After all, everyone who knows what they're doing uses Windows.  Wink  Big Smile  Devil

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 27251
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 27 2011 1:37 AM

George Somsel:
After all, everyone who knows what they're doing uses Windows. 

Precisely -- an Android interfaces very well with Windows.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2011 6:49 AM

Harry Hahne:

Having the same problem on my Galaxy Tab.

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2011 8:04 AM

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 25351
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2011 8:20 AM

Hi Tony

This is recognised to be a bug and we have been told that it will be fixed in the next release

Graham

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 30 2011 8:31 AM

Graham:

That is good to hear!

Tony

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS