I am missing my harmonies

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 141
iamk | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:21 PM

I don't have any in my library. is there a problem with them. One of the tutorial videos shows them being used, so i presume they are functional. Correct?

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:26 PM

You should have one or more depending on what collection you have.

In your Library click on the heading 'Type' and then look for 'Bible Harmony' and click on that. It should show you your harmonies. If they aren't there, something is wrong.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 141
iamk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:32 PM

I don't see Type anywhere. Are we talking about L4. I have my harmonies in L3.

The compare chart on the website has many resources I cannot find in my system. I'm a little confused. i used to have them.

Posts 1210
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:33 PM

If you have upgraded to a new base collection, you should have them.  They are not mentioned in the minimal upgrade, and I'm pretty sure there are none if you are engine only.

Please see George S and I lamenting this in http://community.logos.com/forums/t/4081.aspx

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 141
iamk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:41 PM

Are you implying that I will be losing resources! I have many resources that are not showing up in the L4. I'm about to get really upset with this new package.

I only purchased the crossgrade. I looked through the "new" books and realized I did not need them. Now I don't have several of the books  I used to have.

In L3 I have about 15 harmonies I can utilize under "source" in the parallel passages and harmonies section. They need to show up in L4 or we might have some real problems. Am I missing something.

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:43 PM

KevinJones:
I don't see Type anywhere.

We are talking about 4.0.

To be sure we are 'on the same page' I'll take this a step at a time.

In the upper left hand corner of L4 there is an open book icon. That is the Library icon. Click on it.

This will open your Library. To see it better click on the down arrow next to the big open book icon in the Library pane and select 'Float this panel.'

Now you should see the headings in the Library. One is 'Type.' If it doesn't appear, right click in the column title area and select type so it will show.

Once you have 'Type' showing in your Library, click on it.

This will order your resources by type. One type is Bible Harmony. Find and click on that. You should have harmonies in that listing.

In 4.0 harmonies are separate resources. They operate just like any other resource. There isn't a special tool to use them as in 3.0.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 141
iamk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:48 PM

Wow. We are having a very different experience. When I click on the library button, I only get a drop down library. It looks nothing like what you have. There are none of the options you are talking about.

This is really strange.

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 12:56 PM

KevinJones:
This is really strange.

In the Library window, next to the 'Find' box  there is a small icon with the word 'View' next to it. Please click on that and be sure that you are looking at the library not in picture view but in line-by-line data view.

In that view you should see the headings.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 141
iamk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:00 PM

its till not helping. I had already tried that. My library window is a floating context sensitive menu. If I even try to get a screen capture, it closes. 

I can see some headings, but not Type. Furthermore, when i search the resources don't come up. The missing resources is a much bigger issue.

Posts 141
iamk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:04 PM

Okay. I finally enabled Type from the menu, and Harmonies is not even listed.

Thanks for your help, but I still have many resources not listed. 

Posts 1416
Chris Roberts | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:17 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Once you have 'Type' showing in your Library, click on it.

Mark,

Nice tip, thanks. Did not occur to me to even look for this but this is very helpful.

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:21 PM

KevinJones:

its till not helping. I had already tried that. My library window is a floating context sensitive menu. If I even try to get a screen capture, it closes. 

I can see some headings, but not Type. Furthermore, when i search the resources don't come up. The missing resources is a much bigger issue.

Right click on library and select, open in tab. Or drag "Library" to the workspace.

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:26 PM

Chris Roberts:
Did not occur to me to even look for this but this is very helpful.

Yes it is. Just about as helpful in some ways is to display 'Subjects' and sort by those. It is a mess, but I found (rediscovered) some resources as I clicked through a few headings. Also can be helpful for the drag and drop Collection building.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:30 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Yes it is. Just about as helpful in some ways is to display 'Subjects

I find "Series" a nice view too. It condenses none series into one section and everything else into other sections.

Posts 2428
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:45 PM

Kevin open up 3.0 and go to tools | synchronize licenses. Then when that is complete, go back to 4.0 and go to the command bar at the top and type "Update Now"

See if that does anything.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org | hantla.com/blog

Posts 444
Garrett Mercury | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:52 PM

In a floating window view I see NO "subject" or "type"?

Posts 3775
Forum MVP
Halo Hound | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 1:58 PM

Randy Hartman:

Posts 242
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:00 PM

right click on the title bar and Type is one of the items you can pick.

Posts 6612
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:03 PM

Randy Hartman:

The floating window is just a quick way to see all the columns. Everything looks the same that way or in a regular pane.

Are you seeing the book listings with their cover photos or without?

In the line-by-line view (no covers shown) the headings to the columns should appear at the top of the book listings. They are not there in the view that shows the book covers.

'Type' appears by default in the line-by-line listing. You have to right click in the column headings area to show the option to display subjects.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 141
iamk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:05 PM

Still no harmonies.

I have synced L3 licenses, but the update on L4 tells me everything is up to date.

I'm not sure what other steps to take.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS