Pronuncation feature requirements

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 114
Linden | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:35 PM

Can someone explain what resources are required to utilize the Pronuncation feature in 4.0?  I was assuming that I could just double click a lemma in an interlinear and hear the word, but that isn't working.

Thanks.

Linden

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 2:47 PM

Linden,

Not double click..."right click>pronounce"

is what does it...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 260
D Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 3:12 PM

Linden:

Can someone explain what resources are required to utilize the Pronuncation feature in 4.0?  I was assuming that I could just double click a lemma in an interlinear and hear the word, but that isn't working.

Thanks.

Right click, then click on "Lemma" in the right column and it'll give you a "Pronunce" option down a bit in the left column.

There's a different type of pronunciation option from the Tools menu, far right column, last option. It brings up a list from which you can select the Greek word you'd like to hear the pronunciation of as well. Tools>Lookup>Pronunciation

Desktop: Win7/64, i7-860, 16GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Posts 114
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 3:49 PM

Robert Pavich:

Not double click..."right click>pronounce"

Sorry, typo on my part.  I meant right click and not double click.  I don't have a pronounce option when I right click.  I have the Bible Study Library package and I'm beginning to wonder if this package isn't capable of the pronounce option.

Linden

Posts 114
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 3:51 PM

Hi Debra,

Debra W Bouey:

There's a different type of pronunciation option from the Tools menu, far right column, last option. It brings up a list from which you can select the Greek word you'd like to hear the pronunciation of as well. Tools>Lookup>Pronunciation

Tried that earlier it doesn't work for me either.  No right click and nothing from Tools>Lookup>Pronunciation.

I'm running XP SP3 if it makes any difference.

Linden

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 4:10 PM

I dont' know what's available in each package..sorry...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 260
D Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 5:59 PM

Hi,

Linden:

Hi Debra,

Debra W Bouey:

Tried that earlier it doesn't work for me either.  No right click and nothing from Tools>Lookup>Pronunciation.

I'm running XP SP3 if it makes any difference.

You had/have the Greek pronunciation module in your L-3, I take it? I wouldn't think it would matter whether you're running XP SP3, Vista or Win7/64 like I am. (In fact, I haven't upgraded my desktop to Win7 yet - I'm still running WinXP Pro/32bit on that. I've upgraded to L-4 and done all the downloading and indexing on my laptop but haven't sync'ed my desktop yet. Figured I'd wait 'til the servers catch a breather from the initial rush to upgrade first.)

If you have the Greek pronunciation module in your L-3, I should think you'd also have that capability over in L-4 as well since once you own a resource, you carry it with you when you upgrade. Let me explore a bit more, do some screen captures to post for you here and I'll check back in with you soon as I can this evening.

Debra

Posts 114
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 6:10 PM

Debra W Bouey:
You had/have the Greek pronunciation module in your L-3, I take it? I

Nope.  I think you hit on the source of the problem.  Do I need to have the Greek pronunciation module(either L3 or L4)?  The help doesn't mention this as a requirement but it makes sense if it is a requirement.  I was just assuming this was a built in feature in L4.

Linden

Posts 260
D Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2009 6:36 PM

Linden:

Debra W Bouey:
You had/have the Greek pronunciation module in your L-3, I take it? I

Nope.  I think you hit on the source of the problem.  Do I need to have the Greek pronunciation module(either L3 or L4)?  The help doesn't mention this as a requirement but it makes sense if it is a requirement.  I was just assuming this was a built in feature in L4.

Ah, yes, methinks so, though I'm not familiar with the packages which differ from mine+upgrade I opted for with L-4. I assume (not always a wise thing to do Smile) you need at least one Greek module, either interlinear or Greek text to have the pronunciation capability. Check in with Logos to confirm since I'm not familiar with all the packages beyond my own either.

Here's what I have when I (jpg #1) right click on the Greek in one of my interlinear NT texts or (jpg #2) access the pronunciation capability under "Tools" (clicking on "Prounce" opens list of alpha Greek words shown far right, JPG#2):

Posts 114
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 8:57 PM

I've upgraded to the Scholar's Library and pronunciation is working! Big Smile

Is there a keyboard short cut to pronounce a word?  The context menu is a little sluggish to come up on my system.

Linden

Posts 2
Marshall Lai | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 8 2012 3:21 AM

Hi, it is 2012 now when I see this post. I am wondering if someone has found a keyboard shortcut for Greek 'Pronounce'? I find it too clumsy when I want to read a number of words from a page.

Posts 4572
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 13 2012 5:58 AM

What I appreciate and enjoy is the Greek Audio New Testament for larger (as much as you want!) amounts of text....

Peace to all!                                 *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS