Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6
Maddocks | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 7 2011 11:41 PM

Hello everyone,

When I try downloading books, although I get through to the library page with lots of books, when I click on the little right hand arrow to try and download them, there is no download button on the info. screen.  Anyone know how to solve this?

Ta Very Much,

Chris Maddocks

Posts 23315
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 12:30 AM

Hi Chris - and welcome to the forums

The only resource I see this behaviour is the ASV - which is always downloaded and can't be removed.

Which resources have you tried, what version of the app are you using, what phone / tablet are you running the app on?

Graham

Posts 6
Maddocks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 1:17 AM

Hello Graham,

I downloaded the latest version of the app from Android Market.  When I click on the library button, it takes me to a lot of books to download, but the download button does not appear.  I can open them, but just not download to my phone. I am running the app on a HTC Desire android smartphone.

Regards,

Chris Maddocks

Posts 23315
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 1:58 AM

Hi Chris

This is strange - I am also using an HTC Desire smartphone and the download button appears for me.

Sorry I can't explain this.

You might try deleting and downloading the app again and seeing if that helps.

Hopefully others will be able to provide some more insight.

Graham

Posts 6
Maddocks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 2:59 PM

Hello Graham,

I tried deleting and reinstalling: it still doesn't work!

Posts 25875
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 4:30 PM

Maddocks:

Hello Graham,

I tried deleting and reinstalling: it still doesn't work!

Some diagnostics should help the developers:

• navigate to the Android Market and download an app (it's free!) called CatLog. This gets log files from the device.
  • Once CatLog is installed, try to reproduce the problem.
  • Open CatLog, press the Menu button on your device and then select Send. Email that log as an attachment to yourself. 
  • Then attach that file to this thread.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 6
Maddocks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 5:34 PM

Hello Dave,

Log attached as suggested!  Ta very much,

Chris Maddocks

6811.2011-12-09-01-27-51.txt

Posts 25875
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 6:25 PM

Maddocks:
Log attached as suggested!  Ta very much,

You might have to issue a "reminder" response if Logos does not respond.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4
Payton Pennington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 9 2011 8:13 PM

I am having the same issue. exactly the same details, except I'm on a toshiba thrive.

Posts 25875
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 1:14 AM

Payton Pennington:

I am having the same issue. exactly the same details, except I'm on a toshiba thrive.

Can you supply a Catlog as I described earlier?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4
Payton Pennington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2011 9:36 PM

Here it is. I am a seminary student, and it would be super helpful if this were figured out. Thanks!

3312.2011-12-10-11-03-45.txt

Posts 6
Maddocks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2011 1:13 AM

Nice its not just me!!

Posts 29721
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2011 1:48 AM

Maddocks:
When I try downloading books, although I get through to the library page with lots of books, when I click on the little right hand arrow to try and download them, there is no download button on the info. screen.  Anyone know how to solve this?

I get a perpetual (4+ hours) of downloading without a completion after I had the popup ask if I wanted to delete the old version. A delete from the desktop through Amazon did not change the situation. I'm on Kindle Fire.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25875
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2011 1:52 AM

MJ. Smith:
A delete from the desktop through Amazon did not change the situation.

What situation? What are you deleting?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29721
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2011 3:05 PM

Next day - Logos 4 is still in the down loading from the cloud step of installation. And Amazon's 12 hour customer service has failed to reply.

Dave Hooton:
What are you deleting?

In the "Manage My Kindle" web page, I deleted the Logos app to see if that would get me out of the perpetual download. I can't get the Kindle itself to offer a stop or delete option.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25875
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2011 10:32 PM

MJ. Smith:
Next day - Logos 4 is still in the down loading from the cloud step of installation. And Amazon's 12 hour customer service has failed to reply.

MJ. Smith:
In the "Manage My Kindle" web page, I deleted the Logos app to see if that would get me out of the perpetual download. I can't get the Kindle itself to offer a stop or delete option.

Still not clear whether you are downloading the Logos for Android app or a resource (which is what this thread is all about).

Task Manager can be used to kill applications (long press of the Home key will bring up a shortcut).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29721
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 12:43 AM

Dave Hooton:
Task Manager can be used to kill applications (long press of the Home key will bring up a shortcut).

Unfortunately not. A call to Amazon resorted to a factory reset ... without a cloud to restore my calendar or contactsCrying

Posts 25875
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 4:34 AM

MJ. Smith:
without a cloud to restore my calendar or contacts

I don't know about Kindle, but most Androids can be backed to a PC via USB interface and there is a Backup of app data (to cloud?) on phone.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29721
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 3:11 PM

Dave Hooton:
I don't know about Kindle, but most Androids can be backed to a PC via USB interface

I'm starting to look into the backup apps ... I wonder why?Big Smile Luckily I had very little in the Kindle. Since the Kindle Fire comes with substantial cloud storage with an option for more, I would assume that there is an app that backups to the cloud. Unfortunately, in addition to getting the Kindle set up properly, I'm also trying to set up a new laptop for the family and getting a son's iTunes consolidated on his computer (not mine) and modifying a MySQL database for a grandson.  Aaargh ... starting to feel like I never retired.

Posts 25875
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 3:21 PM

MJ. Smith:
Aaargh ... starting to feel like I never retired.

And you never willSmile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS