Any books of "Step by Step Exegesis or Hermenutics Guide by using Logos v4" ?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
lo1384 | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 8 2011 8:48 AM

I'm a seminarian.  I have Platinum version of Logos 4.  I would like to use Logos v4 for doing hermenutics task step by step - from choose verse, to Hebrew translation, to historical analysis, exegesis, .... to the end.  Is there any book (handbook or menu) that show - "Step by Step Exegesis or Hermenutics Guide by using Logos v4" ?  I really want to do deep exegesis by using Logos 4.  Thanks!

Andrew

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:25 AM

I know of a book that would take you step by step that can be applied to Logos 4. Actually Logos used to sell the 3rd edition, but sadly the publishers decided to no longer have it available in Logos. But you can get it on the Kindle (which can be read on a desktop) it is Old Testament Exegesis 4th. by Douglas Stuart. This along with NT books were required for me in seminary. I also used the advice in these books to supplement my Logos library beyond my base package when considering purchases.

Blessings,

Philana

P.S. I am only linking this book to the Kindle format because it is not available in Logos, if it was, even if the book cost a little more I would get this in Logos. 

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:26 AM

If you look out on the wiki there is alot of information out there on where you can find videos on how to do some general exogesis/word studies. You could also check on Morris Proctors works - he has some books on practical how to's for that kind of information.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:30 AM

I also just found out this book in Logos you might find it helpful too. http://www.logos.com/product/5188/handbook-for-hebrew-exegesis

Posts 560
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:33 AM

Would today’s Christmas Special be of any help?

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | Logos 4 Portfolio | Logos 5 Platinum | Logos 6 Feature Crossgrade | Logos 7 Essential Upgrade - Large | Logos 8 Methodist & Wesleyan Platinum and Academic Professional

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 8 2011 9:42 AM

I just saw that one too! 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS