Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 12 2011 11:19 AM | Locked

For the last 3 or so Beta versions I have been getting warnings when I build a PB.  For instance, when I compiled the attached document several beta versions ago, the build was successful without errors or warnings.  This time I got warnings.  Below is the log file text and attached is the source DOCX file.  This now happens with all PBs I build.  When the PB is built from several DOCX files, the number of warnings increases.

[Info] Starting build for PBB:32679119ac154614b6ff7517f00ba1a4
[Info] Converting
[Info] Converting D:\PB Projects\Projects\THE DIDACHE.docx
[Info] Compiling
[Warning] Unable to apply topics to article 'A_UNKNOWN'. Article Length is zero.
[Warning] Article 'A_UNKNOWN' has only 0 characters.
[Warning] Failed to interpret width value: 0pt
[Warning] Unknown data type in use: topic+topics
[Info] Discovering
[Info] Complete

I am using Logos 4.5b9 with MS Office 2007 on Windows 7.

Posts 5904
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 11:59 AM | Locked

Tim,  I have basically same software setup and too noticed on the weekend more of these warnings than I have received in the past..  I agree they are not very helpful descriptors of the warning being generated.  I had put it down to a table in the document which PBB did not handle at all, in any way, shape or form, just ignored it.  But you document doesn't appear to have tables so may not have been that...

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 12:18 PM | Locked

Tim Hensler:
[Warning] Unable to apply topics to article 'A_UNKNOWN'. Article Length is zero.

Try removing empty paragraphs with "heading" styles style applied to it.

Posts 27255
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 2:05 PM | Locked

Jannie van Niekerk:

It would be helpful if I could get some feedback on this old thread

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/39663.aspx

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 8:11 PM | Locked

Observation: searching Heading Text; Large Text in my Logos library for didache found more resources, including some with Logos Greek Morphology tagging:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 927
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 12 2011 8:32 PM | Locked

Jannie van Niekerk:

I removed some of the empty paragraph markers and it eliminated two of the lines (listed below) from the warning message.  The other lines are still there and the completed book still reports warnings.  Updated DOCX file attached.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:24 PM | Locked

If there's an empty paragraph with Outline Level set to something other than "Body Text" (e.g., Level 1, etc.), even if it is not a Heading style, it will still cause this warning message.

The warning is harmless, though. It can be ignored if you can't find the troublesome paragraph to remove that formatting from it.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS