They're back ...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:47 PM

The messages are back ... can anybody remind me of how to stop them?

When I started L4Mac this morning, I saw a pop-up message in the bottom right hand corner urging me to spend money in logos and to earn logos credit... basically an advert Hmm

I do not use the home page (too slow to compile) but my options in the home page are 'excerpts' and 'library slideshow' only (no external data and yet so slow!)

My L4Mac settings say 'use internet' but I presume that relates to sync between computers and notification of download availability (both of which I need), so disabling that is not feasible.

I know it is not a big issue ... but it felt like I am running shareware software rather than something that has seen more investment than I would care to add up!

Thanks.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:16 AM

Martin Folley:

The messages are back ... can anybody remind me of how to stop them?

When I started L4Mac this morning, I saw a pop-up message in the bottom right hand corner urging me to spend money in logos and to earn logos credit... basically an advert Hmm

I do not use the home page (too slow to compile) but my options in the home page are 'excerpts' and 'library slideshow' only (no external data and yet so slow!)

My L4Mac settings say 'use internet' but I presume that relates to sync between computers and notification of download availability (both of which I need), so disabling that is not feasible.

I know it is not a big issue ... but it felt like I am running shareware software rather than something that has seen more investment than I would care to add up!

Thanks.

At your homepage you should be able to edit the homepage, you can turn the messages and alerts off there.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 12:46 AM

Martin Folley:

Wonder about changing Program Settings for Show Alerts ?

Seems most (if not all) alerts are adverts.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 16 2011 9:24 AM

Thanks KS4j,

I have disabled this now and will watch what happens... I hope that alerts are 'adverts' ... I had presumed that they were more important ... new resources / updated resources / application updates etc. The title 'alert' implies some sort of importance and urgency.

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 170
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 17 2011 6:21 AM

Well, they are important to LOGOS. They might get you to spend more money. Now to get this cynic hat off.....

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS