Scrolling-What happened to the arrows?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
Michael Lanphere | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 21 2011 8:01 AM

This may be a Lion issue but at some point, I'm not sure when, the scroll arrows disappeared on the Logos windows. This is extremely irritating especially when trying to read from a Bible window. All of the little reference lines incorporated into the scroll bar passage are also irritating because of this. Dragging the scroll bar is way to sensitive. Scrolling from the track pad does not work on my Mac. Is their a way to get the scroll arrows back? 

Posts 22353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 8:23 AM

Hi Michael - and welcome to the forums

Michael Lanphere:
I'm not sure when, the scroll arrows disappeared on the Logos windows.

Assuming this is not a Mac-specific issue, I think you are noting the difference between having a resource in "Paged View" mode or not - please see http://wiki.logos.com/Paged_View for details

Michael Lanphere:
All of the little reference lines incorporated into the scroll bar passage are also irritating because of this

These are "visual bookmarks" or "wear marks" - see http://wiki.logos.com/Visual_Bookmarks on how to toggle them on and off.

Hope this helps

Graham

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 8:30 AM

If you are speaking of the arrows in the vertical scroll bar on the right hand side, and you are using Lion, then, yes, this is an issue with Lion. Apple is moving to integrate many of the iOS features into Mac OS and the disappearance of the scroll arrows is one of them.

I sympathize with you and using a scroll wheel or scroll gesture on a track pad is virtually worthless considering that L4 Mac is so sluggish as to make smooth scrolling nearly impossible.

An alternative is to use single clicks in the scroll bar either above or below the page indicator in the scroll bar to move the resource up or down one screen at a time. Hope that makes sense.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 8:30 AM

Welcome Big Smile

OS X Lion nominally does not have scrollbar arrows, found workaround article => http://osxdaily.com/2011/12/09/no-scrollbar-arrows-mac-os-x-lion-workaround/

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 7
Michael Lanphere | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 8:56 AM

Hi Graham,

Your response solved the problem for me with Logos. Much easier to read using Page View. I need to be experimenting more with this app. I know I'm just scratching the surface of its capabilities. I still do have the scrolling problem with other Mac apps however. Its a Lion issue.

Thanks for your quick response.

Mike

Posts 7
Michael Lanphere | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:00 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick response. Graham helped me solve the problem with Logos. It is a Lion issue and I'm with you, the track pad scrolling is worthless. Actually my track pad scrolling doesn't work at all. 

Posts 4708
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:06 AM

Michael Lanphere:
Actually my track pad scrolling doesn't work at all. 

Are these settings in 'Systems Preferences' set correctly?

Posts 22353
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:59 AM

Hi Mike

Michael Lanphere:
Your response solved the problem for me with Logos. Much easier to read using Page View.

Glad to help and good to know you have something that works better for you

Michael Lanphere:
I need to be experimenting more with this app. I know I'm just scratching the surface of its capabilities

Please feel free to come back with any questions - that is what these forums are for

Michael Lanphere:
I still do have the scrolling problem with other Mac apps however. Its a Lion issue.

Hope you get these issues sorted.

Graham

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:36 AM

Michael Lanphere:
Actually my track pad scrolling doesn't work at all. 

What computer & trackpad do you have?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7
Michael Lanphere | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 10:41 AM

Hi Alabama,

I have a MacBook Pro with the built in track pad. I've set the system preferences and it makes no difference. The track pad scrolling is not affected.

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 11:08 AM

Is your trackpad multi-touch? Is there a button?

Posts 7
Michael Lanphere | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 12:48 PM

The button and track pd are one in the same. Just push down on the pad.

Posts 28116
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 21 2011 9:20 PM

Michael - Just to double check:

1. When trying to scroll, are you using two fingers in an up & down motion?
  2. In Logos, for the resource you are trying to scroll, do you have it set up with "columns: none"?

Posts 4708
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:24 AM

alabama24:
In Logos, for the resource you are trying to scroll, do you have it set up with "columns: none"?

In idle moments I cogitate on the concept of multi-column scrolling and just how confusing that would be.  :-)

Posts 7
Michael Lanphere | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 22 2011 10:30 AM

I've come to the conclusion that when I upgraded to Lion it didn't install correctly. Some things work some don't. The two column setting in Logo's solves my Logo's problem. It works fine. Thanks

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS