REQUEST: Make middle mouse button autoscrolling work in L4

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 44 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 29588
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:48 PM

David M. Hunt:
the year is 2010, and my expectations surround technology

David, I believe this summarizes your problem with Logos very well. One thing has been a given in working with computers since the 1960's - with an introduction to them in the mid-50's. Interfaces come and go. Standards for interface devices change. Any application makes decisions about what devices to support and to what extent. The simple fact is that Logos chose to go with support for devices that are compatible with WPF. That is a reasonable industry standard; not the only choice that could be made but a reasonable choice. The quickest solution to your problem is an attitude adjustment on the chair to keyboard interface. Wink It may be a sub-optimal solution but I guarantee it works. I've had to use it myself several times. Big Smile

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18899
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:58 PM

MJ. Smith:

David M. Hunt:
the year is 2010, and my expectations surround technology

David, I believe this summarizes your problem with Logos very well. One thing has been a given in working with computers since the 1960's - with an introduction to them in the mid-50's. Interfaces come and go. Standards for interface devices change. Any application makes decisions about what devices to support and to what extent. The simple fact is that Logos chose to go with support for devices that are compatible with WPF. That is a reasonable industry standard; not the only choice that could be made but a reasonable choice. The quickest solution to your problem is an attitude adjustment on the chair to keyboard interface. Wink It may be a sub-optimal solution but I guarantee it works. I've had to use it myself several times. Big Smile

Martha, once again you've responded to a very old post (four months old). I did it because I was offering new potentially helpful info. But it doesn't help to chide someone for their attitude in a post that was that old. His attitude may very well have changed between then and now, or he might have gone away by now. Either way, using a fire poker on an old dormant flame-thrower isn't very productive. Pour a cup of cold water over the flames, maybe. They might hiss for a while, but that's about it.

Posts 24
David Lemmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:52 AM

Try hitting CTRL + r.  If you do not want to HEAR, hit mute.

Posts 1
Bill Mullen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 8:47 PM

It is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable for Logos to say,"we can't fix it...it is a Microsoft problem"! I suspect hundreds of people (perhaps more) have laptops over a year old with a Synaptics Touchpad that Logos 4 will not scroll with. You made a big deal out of all the supposed new features of 4. Actually it is all tricked up and much more complicated to use than the old 3. You guys blew it. The measure of software isn't how tricked up you can make it but how easy and effective it is for the user!

Posts 29588
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 29 2011 10:13 PM

Rosie Perera:
Martha, once again you've responded to a very old post (four months old). I did it because I was offering new potentially helpful info. But it doesn't help to chide someone for their attitude in a post that was that old. His attitude may very well have changed between then and now, or he might have gone away by now. Either way, using a fire poker on an old dormant flame-thrower isn't very productive. Pour a cup of cold water over the flames, maybe. They might hiss for a while, but that's about it.

Rosie, I always read in the show unread only mode. I admit that I do not check dates on the unread threads - I merely read back as far as necessary to recognize the thread or to see the question that is being responded to. I doubt very much that I will remember to change that practice because it handles the vast majority of cases.  But I may make an effort to remember more of the clues late in a thread that indicate it may be obnoxious.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS