BUG? or drive me crazy by design?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28229
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 30 2011 4:38 PM | Locked

I'm testing templates to mark a pericope up for reading.

1. I marked the entire pericope Hebrews 11:8-19 with a style

2. I added markings within verses that fall within the pericope boundary

3. I messed up on a select and split the word 'and' in v 12  with the markup beginning "nd" rather than "and"

4. I tried cntrl+z but that did not remove the highlight style (I can see this being by design)

5. I highlighted the last part of v12, right clicked and selected remove annotations.

6. System deleted not only the v12 highlighting but also the pericope highlighting for Heb 11:8-19 i.e. removed everything related to v12 even though v 12 is not a boundary for the highlight.

This implies that I cannot correct an error that occurs inside another highlight. I appreciate the assumption that I'm perfect, but I fear I can't live up to it. Embarrassed

7. For kicks, I selected the whole pericope and select remove annotations - only the highlighting spanning the entire passage was removed.

This implies that sometimes you selection constrains the outcome, sometimes it doesn't.

8. So now I selected the entire pericope (no longer a unit with highlighting) and selected remove annotation. This time it removed all the highlighting with in selected passage (what I actually was expecting).

The behavior in step 6 appears to me to be a bug. I'm almost afraid to see what happens if I use more  than one palette.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 5:05 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

6. System deleted not only the v12 highlighting but also the pericope highlighting for Heb 11:8-19 i.e. removed everything related to v12 even though v 12 is not a boundary for the highlight.

The behavior in step 6 appears to me to be a bug. I'm almost afraid to see what happens if I use more  than one palette.

"Remove annotations" removes all annotations that are attached to text intersecting the selected text. This is by design.

To remove individual highlights (when there are multiple, overlapping highlights), use the red "Delete" icon in the Notes document containing those highlights.

Posts 28229
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2011 5:24 PM | Locked

go ti - thanks - I had assumed spanning not intersecting

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:00 AM | Locked

However, people will get themselves into a mess with both remove annotations and erase; the latter removing everything selected and splitting the spanning pericope highlighting in two. Seeking the relevant note file to delete a highlight will be an interesting exercise.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 28229
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2011 8:40 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
Seeking the relevant note file to delete a highlight will be an interesting exercise.

Yes, I wish selecting a highlight would also select the appropriate note.

Posts 2699
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 31 2011 8:44 AM | Locked

MJ. Smith:
I wish selecting a highlight would also select the appropriate not

AMEN 

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS