Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 33 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1378
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 3 2012 6:42 PM

test text

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 7:43 PM

You know Ben, it's precisely threads like this one that get hijacked Wink

Did your text pass its test or will it have to repeat?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 3 2012 7:53 PM

I believe the text passed the test. If Ben was testing for what I think he was, it showed up correctly this time. A previous post by Ben had really wierd spacing of the text. (It was in the formatting and carried over from Ben's quote into my response. It looked like terminal text.

Now for the hijacking part: I usually run Firefox without a problem but tonight the Logos forum text is very tiny. I've tried resetting my resolution, zooming, but have no luck getting it back to normal. ONLY the Logos forum is affected. All other sites dislay properly. Any ideas?   Thanks Ben for leaving the keys in the ignition switch.Devil

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 4633
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 12:10 AM

I used firefox for a while a couple of years ago; but ended up swtiching back to explorer. But I have noticed many users with greater techinical acumen than I tend to use firefox. What motivates that decision?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 4:48 AM

Fred Chapman:

I used firefox for a while a couple of years ago; but ended up swtiching back to explorer. But I have noticed many users with greater techinical acumen than I tend to use firefox. What motivates that decision?

Firefox supports web standards better (although the current champ is probably Chrome) and has a very rich addon ecosystem which allows the browser to be customized extensively.

Part of Firefox's in with the tech crowd also comes from a hatred of IE.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 5:22 AM

So, hijacking the hijack... why are all the STAR powered guru's all of a sudden hanging out in here? And how do I get one of the cool nifty powerups? :D

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 5:51 AM

Alexander Longacre:
And how do I get one of the cool nifty powerups?

These three things remain, propensity, persistence and patience, but the greatest of these (is actually loyalty).    

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 5:59 AM

Alexander Longacre:
So, hijacking the hijack..
Proof enough that you fit in.

Alexander Longacre:
why are all the STAR powered guru's all of a sudden hanging out in here?
Because we are irretrievably drawn towards hijack threads.  Somewhere on this board there is a monster hijack thread that took us to something around 20 pages or so.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:02 AM

Correction.  34 pages.

The correct way to Hijack a thread

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:11 AM

TCBlack:
Because we are irretrievably drawn towards hijack threads.

All work and no play makes pastor a dull boy. By the way when you hijack something don't you take (illegal) control over it?  Does that mean I can disregard protocol and bring up my favorite theological questions? Can I, huh, can I?  Gee Thomas, what about that eschatology of yours?  (just kidding)  

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:17 AM

Jerry M:
All work and no play makes pastor a dull boy.
Apparently we've met. Wink

Let's get back on topic:  I like testing new things.

Check the Wiki

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:19 AM

TCBlack:

Jerry M:
All work and no play makes pastor a dull boy.
Apparently we've met. Wink

Let's get back on topic:  I like testing new things.

Speaking of which... when do we think the new Hebrew pronounciation addon will get out of pre-pub? :D

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:32 AM

Mary-Poppins.

Check the Wiki

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 6:35 AM

Alexander Longacre:
Speaking of which... when do we think the new Hebrew pronounciation addon will get out of pre-pub? :D

The proper format for a big grin smiley is to wrap it in [square brackets]  Thus transforming :D into Big Smile by means of Big Smile

Mary-Poppins on the other hand is a thinly veiled attempt to replicate my daughters somewhat odd propensity to randomly inject the first super-nanny into everyday conversation.

Check the Wiki

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:02 AM

TCBlack:

inject.

The goverment has been waging war on this since the 90's. I hope you check her in to a Biblical counseling center as soon as possible.

On a happier note, the flowers smell nice this time of year.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:06 AM

You seem to have confused Mary Poppins for Merry Poppies.  Two very distinct items, which alike are not at all the same as Married Puppies.

Check the Wiki

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:25 AM

TCBlack:

confused

What I am about the doctrine of puppy marriage.

Would a minister have to be present to make it valid?

Posts 204
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:45 AM

Please tell me I"m not the only one who thinks this thread has gone to the dogs.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 7:50 AM

And they call it puppy love 

Speaking of testing, this ought to be a great year of advances in Logos software.  I am so looking forward to new things in syncing and the advances that makes in iOS for example.

Posts 450
Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 4 2012 8:03 AM

Jerry M:

love 

I know that Mounce has a wonderful explaination of how agape was a term of no signifigance before Christianity. Wonder if AYD has a similar article....

Page 1 of 2 (34 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS