A plea for the bibliographic report to be reinstated

Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 52 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 11669
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:02 AM

Please, please, please add the bibliographic report back into Logos 4. Whenever I buy Logos resources I always sell the equivalent paper version if I own it. Without the bibliographic report, there's no remotely simple way of printing what I have in my library (or even making a PDF) so I can easily compare it to my catalogue of print books.

I also use the bibliographic report to add Logos books to my book-cataloguing software. I often forget I have Logos books because I look on the shelf and they're not there! Also, while I'm at it, I really miss not being able to save book covers as JPGs or PNGs. I used to add these to my book cataloguing software, too.

Posts 2172
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:07 AM

MarkBarnes:

I also use the bibliographic report to add Logos books to my book-cataloguing software. I often forget I have Logos books because I look on the shelf and they're not there! Also, while I'm at it, I really miss not being able to save book covers as JPGs or PNGs. I used to add these to my book cataloguing software, too.

Support on both points. I'd love a way to get at the ISBNs.

Plus, I'm doing up talks on Luke and am recommending a couple of commentaries (in Logos no less) and had to get the images from a Google-image search.

Posts 1782
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:14 AM

+1 on this.

Logos for Mac - Wiki Page and FAQ

Posts 112
BS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:36 AM

+2

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:41 AM

Yep.  This is a must--although it can wait a few days!

Posts 308
James W Bennett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:16 AM

Yes please :)

---

James W Bennett

http://syriac.tara-lu.com/

Posts 8550
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 5:37 AM

+1  Long Live the Biliographic Reports!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1573
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:29 PM

I assume this report isn't helpful until we get Copy and/or Export working for our reports... 

Do you want it just like it was, as a type of document, or would it be better if it was a datagrid, like the "details" view in the Library menu? What if you could just turn on the columns you want in Library and then Ctrl+A to select all and Ctrl+C to copy it all to the clipboard, for pasting to Word or Excel?

More document-like, more Excel-like?

Posts 2172
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 10:33 PM

Bob

Excel like please... esp. for pasting into other programs.

With access to ISBNs for those of us who use LibraryThing or similar (I'd love to get all my new books in there)....

Posts 279
D Bouey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 12 2009 11:15 PM

This one, too, please, as soon as time permits!

Desktop: Win7/64, i7-860, 24GB, Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

Posts 1102
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 5:20 AM

Could it include, if possible, a column for "Collections" so that we can see if our resources are all in collections or if some have fallen between the cracks?

Posts 8550
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 5:24 AM

Damian McGrath:
With access to ISBNs
That would be quite nice.

Copy/paste excel  style would be acceptable.  I can always strip that out when necessary, but it would be handy.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 6:49 AM

Bob Pritchett:

I assume this report isn't helpful until we get Copy and/or Export working for our reports... 

Do you want it just like it was, as a type of document, or would it be better if it was a datagrid, like the "details" view in the Library menu? What if you could just turn on the columns you want in Library and then Ctrl+A to select all and Ctrl+C to copy it all to the clipboard, for pasting to Word or Excel?

I like the excel idea for simplicity,  but if we could (at some point) get BibTex export (like Logos 3 had), so I can import my logos book data into Zotero or another library-management program, that would be ideal for me.

Posts 8
Dave Cotner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2009 9:27 AM

Hi Bob,

This is an essetial. The second quarter of next year won't work for any of us that use LOGOS 4 for seminary work. More Excel-like would probably be best.

I think this should be pushed up to ASAP.

Thank you LOGOS, for all of your hard work on L4. May God continue to bless your efforts to serve Him,

Blessings,

Dave

Posts 11669
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 2:49 AM

Excel-like functionality would be great (as long as export was to CSV, not just XLS). That way I can do my own custom sorting. But I wouldn't want to lose being able to produce a custom bibliography Chicago or SBL style like we used to be able to do.

Posts 11669
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 2:51 AM

While I think about it, would you be additionally wonderful would be to have a "Date licence added to library" column. I'm sure this data must exist somewhere. Like many people I upgraded base-package when getting Logos 4, but I really don't know which new resources I have. I'd like to at least flick through my new resources, but how can I if I don't know which is which?

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2009 6:14 AM

OT slightly,

Pastor Barnes...

I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED your series on how you build sermons with Logos....

Very good...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 633
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 9:02 AM

Bob Pritchett:

What if you could just turn on the columns you want in Library and then Ctrl+A to select all and Ctrl+C to copy it all to the clipboard, for pasting to Word or Excel?

I like the Excel option.  Also the Ctrl+C.  Ctrl+A works in the Library now, for me at least.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 9:24 AM

Bibliography=YES  

Was surprised to not have it in L4

Posts 106
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 17 2009 9:30 AM

Another yes on ISBNs.

Page 1 of 3 (53 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.