A plea for the bibliographic report to be reinstated

Page 3 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 52 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 31
Ben Curtis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 29 2010 11:14 AM
Oh and ALL that loot you all are, do doubt, enjoying too. Hey, nothing wrong on making money to facilitate the students of the Word...right? I mean, it is worth it as I see it. They even were so very gracious to give this "poorman" very affordable payment schedule. I am SOOoo happy with Logos 4, I could never get board or "done" in my studies.

Pizza ░░▒▒▓▓█│BarJabba│█▓▓▒▒░░ Beer

Posts 31
Ben Curtis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 29 2010 11:20 AM
I know this was way last year this posting. I am wondering what was done? I have Logos 4 Scholar and was trying the "utlity" that a Logos 4 person had up. I couldn't because no such file existed to upload. I wonder, was this function ever re-instituted in a recent upfate, and I don't know it? Where, pray tell, if it is do? Or, how do I get this accomplished?

Posts 533
Jonathan Burke | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 29 2010 9:42 PM

Ben, which folder did you check in for the file?

Win 7 x64 | Core i7 3770K | 32GB RAM | GTX 750 Ti 2GB | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (system) | Crucial m4 256GB SSD (Logos) | WD Black 1.5 TB (storage) | WD Red 3 TB x 3 (storage) | HP w2408h 24" | First F301GD Live 30"

Posts 31
Ben Curtis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 2:28 PM
I went to the folder that were on that web page, I also looked on another partition that I had Logos 4 on, but. I do remember a lengthy download my computer was doing. I am have monitor issues and wasn't able to see where the download was coming from. It could have been Windows update, I thought for awhile, but, it was rather long. So, I was asking if this was updated inLogos 4 recently? If I can know what updates were given - when, and what was given, I sure would like that information. It was like in my AppPath]Local\Logos4 path and the just wasn't anywhere on any partitions on my computer. I will get the page link for you, when I can get back on line (if you need it. It is here on the forums. On this thread, I think?

Posts 31
Ben Curtis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 1 2010 2:37 PM
Okay, here is the link I went to. It is no where to be found. I would hope logos4 would have put this bibliographical report for the library back in. I heard ot was once in there and I also saw that they were suppost to have put it back this quarter. Thanks!! http://www.4-14.org.uk/logos/logos4-bibliographic-report

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 2 2010 4:45 AM

Ben, this link is still working: http://www.4-14.org.uk/logos/logos4-bibliographic-report

This is a separate utility that was written by Mark Barnes. It was never part of Logos to be "put back in." The bibliographic report that people were requesting be put back in from Logos 3 has been put back in. It was merely a textual listing (in any of several popular bibliographic formats) of what is in your library. If you look at the previous page in this thread, you'll see how you can do that now in Logos 4. It's slightly different than how it was done in L3, since you create the report from your collections tab now. I don't see why they couldn't add the access to that report to the Library tab to make it easier for people to find it (and so they don't have to create a collection of their entire library first). But at least the report is available and functioning quite well. Let us know if you have any further questions on how to use it.

Posts 31
Ben Curtis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 2:11 PM
Hi Whoever? "This is a separate utility that was written by Mark Barnes." I know, I have posted on it before Posting here. "It was never part of Logos to be "put back in." The bibliographic report that people were requesting be put back in from Logos 3 has been put back in." Yes, I know. [Opps! Did I give the impression that it was originally in L4, taken out of it, then thought they needed to "put it back in" to L4?Hmmm?) I not sure about all this I just needed to know "How To..." or where this thing was at. Ppretty simple though. I hope so, anyway.I have not been directed to this report that neatly lists my Library resources, in Logos 4 (Scholar Level is what I have BTW). "and so they don't have to create a collection of their entire library first" ACK!! I havn't even gotten to use that area of functionality, yet. I am still too new in Logos to be able to do those thisng yet. As far as going back a few pages. It might have been there, I certianly don't remember it. I hope I can find it and hopefully it will be clear in the steps. I will look at the videos on collection. I doubt they'll have the steps to specifically say how this is done (this particular reoirt). Oh, again, this particular utility didn't work. The file, nor the path to it was there. Looked on all partitions, as I do have some apps instaledl separately from my OS drives. Thank you for the response. I am sorry I do not know your name, the email, nor the post showed this. Usually I would see the user name in the post itself (I would think) I am going to have to break diwn and get the printer manuals that are sold on the site. There is two of them. It is not in digital or audio format, so it is going to be dificult for me. Vision is poor and I need digital, if I am going to be effecient about it.

Posts 51
Andrew Loney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 3 2010 6:50 PM

Perfect! Please provide these details as columns in the Library and provide export/print capabilities of the library

Thank you

Andrew

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 4 2010 4:03 PM

Ben Curtis:
Hi Whoever?

Hi Ben, I"m Rosie Perera. My name shows up at the top of my post. I'm not sure why you couldn't see it.

Ben Curtis:
I not sure about all this I just needed to know "How To..." or where this thing was at. Ppretty simple though. I hope so, anyway.I have not been directed to this report that neatly lists my Library resources, in Logos 4 (Scholar Level is what I have BTW). "and so they don't have to create a collection of their entire library first" ACK!! I havn't even gotten to use that area of functionality, yet. I am still too new in Logos to be able to do those thisng yet. As far as going back a few pages. It might have been there, I certianly don't remember it. I hope I can find it and hopefully it will be clear in the steps.

My apologies for assuming you knew how to navigate in the forum back to a previous page in a thread. (At the top and bottom of each page, where it says "Page 1 of 3 (xx items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >" you can click on any of the page numbers directly or Next or Previous. Next will not show up if you're already on the last page, and Previous will not show up if you're already on the first page of the thread.)

However, rather than expecting you to find it yourself, I should have just given you the direct link to my post that explained what you're trying to do. Here it is: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4352/178817.aspx#178817

And, now that I realize you have absolutely no experience making collections I should explain it more simply and with explicit steps for you:

1. Select Tools > Collections

2. Click New

3. Where it says Unnamed Collection, delete that text and give it a name instead (e.g., Entire Library)

4. In the Rule box below that (under where it says "Start with resources matching:"), type:

rating:>=0

[Now you've got your collection which will be dynamically updated whenever you add more resources to your library; no need to ever do steps 1-4 again; you can close the Collections tab by clicking the X at the upper right of it  Or...to continue and print the bibliographic report, proceed to step 5 next]

5. Click the icon in the upper left of the Collections tab to drop down the panel menu, then select Print/Export...

6. Click the Bibliography only checkbox on the left and select the bibliographic format you want to export (e.g., BibTex or Turabian):

7. Finally click the big Print button on the right-hand side. Or click "Copy to clipboard" or one of the "Save as file" options below that to save as a BibText file or something else.

I hope I've finally answered your question. Sorry for taking so long to explain it directly to you.

Posts 3
Mark Vanderwerf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 3:19 AM

A couple of months ago I started trying to get a list of my Logos resources into LibraryThing and Zotero - both via Excel.   I'm more or less  finished - and am thankful the advice in the forums, and to Mark Barnes for the  web based converter program and for sharing his ISBN numbers with me, which I copied over from his csv file to my Excel file.  

I have one quick request for help - I don't have a column for "date acquired" and I know I've added Logos books since originally exporting a report from Logos 4.  Is there a quick way of generating a report of Logos books in my library added after a given date?

Mark Vanderwerf

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 10:48 AM

Mark Vanderwerf:
I don't have a column for "date acquired" and I know I've added Logos books since originally exporting a report from Logos 4.  Is there a quick way of generating a report of Logos books in my library added after a given date?

The "Last Updated" column is a new feature in 4.2 which is still being tested in beta mode and hasn't been released yet. But once that ships, you'll be able to make a collection of your whole library, sort it by Last Updated date, and generate a report from that. I'm not sure whether there's a new library filter for the Last Updated date field, but I'll ask about that. If there is, you could use it to filter the results so you only get the most recently acquired resources in your report.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 11:06 AM

Rosie Perera:

Mark Vanderwerf:
I don't have a column for "date acquired" and I know I've added Logos books since originally exporting a report from Logos 4.  Is there a quick way of generating a report of Logos books in my library added after a given date?

The "Last Updated" column is a new feature in 4.2 which is still being tested in beta mode and hasn't been released yet. But once that ships, you'll be able to make a collection of your whole library, sort it by Last Updated date, and generate a report from that. I'm not sure whether there's a new library filter for the Last Updated date field, but I'll ask about that. If there is, you could use it to filter the results so you only get the most recently acquired resources in your report.

Of course, Last Updated isn't the same as Last Acquired, since it changes whenever a resource is re-downloaded.  Plus it defaults the Last Updated on all resources to the current day that v4.2 is installed.  It's the best we're going to get for now, but it may or may not work for Mark's purposes.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3
Mark Vanderwerf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 11:59 PM

Thanks for the helpful information!

Page 3 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS