Psalm 119 study resources

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Jeff Rauf | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 13 2012 6:32 AM

I'm beginning a study on Psalm 119 and would like to learn of some good Logos resources available that would benefit me.  I'm mainly looking for a historical overview of this, i.e. when it was written, reason it was written, etc.  Any recommendations other than CHS Treasury of David would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 7:14 AM

What base package do you have?

Posts 2
Jeff Rauf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 13 2012 8:52 AM

Hi Fred,

I have the Scholar's base pkg.

Thanks for the quick response.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 14 2012 4:32 AM

Jeff Rauf:
I'm beginning a study on Psalm 119 and would like to learn of some good Logos resources available that would benefit me.  I'm mainly looking for a historical overview of this, i.e. when it was written, reason it was written, etc.

Welcome Big Smile

Found some Psalms 119 information by searching Heading Text; Large Text in Entire Library for <~Ps119>

Screen shot has 3 resources: Scholar's Gold includes => UBS Old Testament Handbook Series that is lacking several Old Testament Books, based on several forum discussions, purchased => Tyndale Commentaries (49 vols.) for medium length commentary with Old Testament coverage.  The ESV Study Bible Notes => ESV Study Bible Notes 

Scholar's includes => Opening Up Psalms that has some questions to ponders.

Clicked on "+" while focused on a commentary to open some more in a new tab:

The Cambridge Bible for Schools and Colleges (58 vols.) introduction includes LXX Greek words.

Forms of the Old Testament Literature Series (FOTL) (17 vols.) includes structure, genre and setting/intention; FOTL is part of Hebrew Bible Bundle (54 vols.) that also has => International Critical Commentaries: Old Testament (23 vols.) with many Hebrew words including a chart of the Hebrew alphabet with 8 Hebrew lemmas used in various strophes showing patterns of usage.

Scholar's Silver includes => Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament (COT) (10 vols.)

Barnes' Notes on the Old and New Testaments (26 vols.) offers some insight about Psalm 119 usage (memorization)

Note: Cambridge Bible and Barnes' Notes are public domain; Thankful for community pricing.

Scholar's Platinum includes => Charles Simeon's Horae Homileticae Commentary (21 vols.) that has various homiletical items to ponder

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS