BUG: 4.5 Beta 13: Default font size for PB's is always smaller than in original document

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 13 2012 3:52 PM | Locked

There's something that's been bugging me about Personal Books. The default font size is always smaller than the default font size for Logos editions, and they are hard for me to read.

Here's a Logos editon book, with the font slider set to default font size:

Here's a PB in Logos with the font slider set at default:

That PB came from a word document with Normal style and Font Times New Roman 12 point. Here's what it looks like in Word:

That's closer to the default size of a Logos edition book.

If I resize the font in Word to 14 pt, then build the book in Logos again, it comes in at a more normal/readable default size:

But in order to get this, I had to make the font 14 points in Word which is larger than I'd normally need it if I were reading it in Word:

How come the fonts are getting shrunk when PBs are displayed in Logos?

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 16 2012 3:33 AM | Locked

I'm having similar, but worse problems. My default size always comes through smaller than it should, but what's worse is that other paragraphs not using the Normal style come through at a much larger size. Trying to get the Normal size to match other paragraph styles is nigh on impossible.

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2012 2:38 AM | Locked

Anyone from Logos care to comment?

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 19 2012 2:51 AM | Locked

It might be related to this issue which Kevin Byford looked into and passed on to Development.

Posts 1432
Tonya J Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 4 2012 10:43 AM | Locked

There is an active case regarding text display size in compiled Personal Books.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS