All parallel resources

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 17 2012 5:54 AM

I have a window open with the ESV Study Bible. When I click "All parallel resources" several Study Bibles that I have are LEFT OUT in drop down menu although several ARE listed.  Any way to have ALL of my SB's listed in "All parallel resources"  without creating a collection?

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:08 AM

Shawn Drewett:
Study Bibles

All Parallel Resources includes all resources of the same type as the current resource. Presumably your missing study Bibles are not of type="Bible Notes"?

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:12 AM

Shawn Drewett:
Any way to have ALL of my SB's listed in "All parallel resources"  without creating a collection?

I think a collection will be the answer, issue seems to be that some Study Bibles are Bibles while others are Bible Notes! I know that many Study Bibles are advertised as excluding the Bible Text so I'm guessing that these are the ones that are type Bible Notes.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:16 AM

Graham Owen:
Study Bibles are Bibles while others are Bible Notes

Also just noticed that I have a Study Bible of type Commentary...

God Bless

Graham

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:22 AM

Those study bibles left out in "all parallel resources" are :

Nelson Study Bible

Word in Life SB

Spirit Filled SB

Life Principles SB

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 6:40 AM

Shawn Drewett:

Nelson Study Bible

Word in Life SB

Spirit Filled SB

Life Principles SB

Nelson and Word In Life show up as type Bible Commentary on my system, I don't have the other two.

God Bless

Graham

Posts 10587
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 7:32 AM

Shawn Drewett:

Nelson Study Bible

Word in Life SB

Spirit Filled SB

Life Principles SB

Are those always missing from the list, or just in certain passages? They will not show up is they have no comment on a particular passage.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 17 2012 10:53 PM

Shawn Drewett:

Nelson Study Bible

Word in Life SB

Spirit Filled SB

Life Principles SB

Wonder about creating a collection: Commentary OR Notes with rule type:(Commentary,Notes) along with checking "Show in parallel resources" ?

From the ESV Study Bible, my Commentary OR Notes collection has more Study Bibles (and other resources):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2012 6:22 AM

Shawn Drewett:
Any way to have ALL of my SB's listed in "All parallel resources"  without creating a collection?

To therefore answer your question very specifically, no, it's not possible - because some of your study Bibles are of the "Bible Notes" type, and some of your study Bibles are of the "Commentary" type.

Posts 25050
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 18 2012 5:31 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
Wonder about creating a collection: Commentary OR Notes with rule type:(Commentary,Notes) along with checking "Show in parallel resources" ?

That works very well but I don't allow all commentaries and Notes e.g. (type:Commentary AND rating:>3) OR (type:Notes AND rating:>2)

One could simply have a collection with  title:"study bible" -type:Bible as that includes only those that are commentaries and Notes

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS