FYI for "Lutherans"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 20 2012 11:43 PM

Its me again.  I thought I saw .docx under open office I guess I did not....and my Word is still .doc as well...It might be a while for my PBB of the Lutheran Council and Holy See agreement of 1999  for justification

Posts 10555
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 5:48 AM

William Bingham:
my Word is still .doc as well.

Which (if you are using Word 2007 or 2010) is just a backward-compatibility option and can be changed under "save as" to docx. In case you are using an earlier version of Word, such as 2003, you just need to install Microsoft's free compatibility pack - it gives the new file formats for Word, Excel and Powerpoint. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=3 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 488
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 6:02 AM

I no longer have openoffice on my computer, but Libre Office has the capability to save as a .docx file.  It is a fork off of Open Office and is a free download.  Certainly worth the update.

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 7:26 AM

Hey Nord! Pastor Devin from the Pyrmont Church of the Brethren. Didn't know you were a Logos user. Good to see you here on the forums. Praying for you and yours today, and looking forward to hopefully seeing you on Wednesday morning for prayer.

Posts 488
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 9:51 AM

Hi Devin, I've been a Logos user since version 2!  Have a great day of worship tomorrow and I will see you Wednesday!

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2012 4:13 PM

NewbieMick......thanks for the information....I did not know that..

Nord....I have not heard much about LibreOffice, I might give that a try....I only went to Open office because it was the "free" thing that was not MS.  I don't really have anything against MS I just feel like I never get the money out of it that I put into buying the new version.....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS