NAC Revelation

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 76
Greg M | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 23 2012 8:16 AM

I see that Revelation for the New American Commentary is due to be released this September.  From past experience how long does it usually take for it to be available for Logos?

My CBS class (Community Bible Study) is studying Revelation next year and I'm interested to know if I'll have use of this volume for at least part of the class.

Posts 29041
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2012 9:50 AM

Greg M:
From past experience how long does it usually take for it to be available for Logos?

It will not be very quick, unfortunately. The difference between "Vyrso" editions and "Logos" ones is how much tagging is involved. A commentary would be fairly complicated. The earliest I would guess would be a year... but sometimes we get surprised. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2012 10:05 AM

I think David Allen's NAC Hebrews was right at a year...

began gathering interest in pre-pub: 10/29/10

finished filling "interested" orders: 10/29/10 (less than 24 hours later!)

Shipped: 10/12/11 (348 days total)

Posts 2874
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:14 PM

I wish it could be faster, but the past suggests that it may not.  Alabama is right about the tagging and editing.  Beyond that is the fact that Logos is working on many projects at once, and they must all wait their turn and priority.  We can't expect them to drop all the projects that they are working on to rush a particular book out.

Still, I really hope this commentary doesn't take a year.  There are many more IT professionals working at Logos than in years past.  We can hope it comes faster.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 76
Greg M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:47 PM

Thanks guys for the information.  I just got the NAC so I'll have a chance to use it quite a bit before that CBS class starts.  If I like the NAC as much as others here, then I might just buy the book to use while waiting for the Logos version.

Posts 2874
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 23 2012 7:51 PM

I think you will enjoy it very much. 

I got the NAC really by accident.  It was included in my upgrade to Platinum.  I probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise, but I have found it to be very very good.  It is now one of my three favorite go to commentaries, and on some books it is the best.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS