New Dictionary of Biblical Theology

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 646
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 10 2009 7:46 PM

It doesn't have a search box and it doesn't come up in any of my Word Study searches in the regular Word Study search or my customized Word Study when it is added to a collection.

Posts 725
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:11 PM

JeremyEllis:

It doesn't have a search box and it doesn't come up in any of my Word Study searches in the regular Word Study search or my customized Word Study when it is added to a collection.

Jeremy,

I concur there is no search box.

I had difficulty getting it to show up in a customized search for a collection, but I did. Barely.

I have a collection of the IVP books including NDBT. I made a custom guide with just that collection. I don't know how to make that a Biblical Word study - collections aren't an option, are they? But I made it a passage/exegetical guide with just that collection and entered 1 Cor 13 in the search field - # 32 NDBT showed up - I had been looking at the article on Love so that's why I chose it, knowing it was there.

I have NDBT prioritized ahead of all the Dictionaries of Jesus, Paul, Later NT, etc. but there were several hits in each of those before I got the one from NDBT.

Chris

Posts 646
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:01 PM

Any word from any Logos reps as to getting the search box in the New Dictionary of Biblical Theology? It won't register in any of my customized searches without a search box.

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2009 4:08 PM

This is definitely an oversight. There are no indexing parameters for this resource at all (see below). The Evangelical Dictionary of Theology on the other hand is indexed by English headwords. That is what needs to happen to this resource.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 646
Jeremy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:08 AM

This issue was fixed in today's update. Thanks!

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 1:26 PM

JeremyEllis:
This issue was fixed in today's update. Thanks!

Nice job Logos!

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS