Upgrade

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Ken Anderson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 27 2012 8:04 PM

The investment I have already made in Logos from it first begining with 1.5 has been a waste of money if I am to spend another $200-$500.00 to upgrade just to get all of my program to work with Windows 7, and then perhaps books I have purchased not function correctly. THink I will go with Wordsearch 8. Logos is a big let down. Thanks but keep your upgrade.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 8:15 PM

Ken, curious as to what your last version of Logos was?  The Logos engine (L4) is free to download and you can probably get the book licenses you already own into L4 by calling customer support if you still have your user account.  Why don't you try this first since its free.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 27 2012 8:42 PM

Ken Anderson:

The investment I have already made in Logos from it first begining with 1.5 has been a waste of money if I am to spend another $200-$500.00 to upgrade just to get all of my program to work with Windows 7, and then perhaps books I have purchased not function correctly. THink I will go with Wordsearch 8. Logos is a big let down. Thanks but keep your upgrade.

Welcome Big Smile

Apologies: not understand upgrade estimate of $ 200 to $ 500.

Logos offers older Libronix 3.0g for free => Download the Latest Version (3.0g)  that works with Windows 7, does need a patch for Internet Explorer 9 => Libronix and Internet Explorer 9  Note: Libronix 3.0g is a free upgrade from Libronix 2.0 (Series X).

Logos 4 software is free; wiki has Getting Started with Logos => Installation + Indexing

Caveat: Logos improved many capabilities in Logos 4 that need appropriate resources; may want to consider => http://www.logos.com/minimalcrossgrade

Concur with suggestion to talk with Logos Sales => http://www.logos.com/about/contact (or email)

In 2009, Logos changed licensing so only pay for resources once, which can be used on a variety of devices.  Logos funds software development and server costs (sync) from resource sales.

Apologies: looked at Word Search web site but did not see Morph Search Visual Filter capabilities; Wiki => Extended Tips for Highlighting and Visual Filters has => Examples of visual filters showing Logos Greek Morphology visual filters that can highlight Greek voice, tense, mood, and number in Greek and English Bibles with morphological tagging.  Also noticed WordSearch 10 upgrade now available for purchase.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS