Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 8:06 AM

Open the Library catalog, & instead of clicking on the entry, click the small arrow (on my screen, at the far right)...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 32
Daniel Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 12:23 PM

That's weird... for some reason it isn't giving me the option to download ESV on my Fire, like I can on my iPhone. I tried another resource and it worked. I guess I've just always been trying ESV. Now I feel dumb! The question though is why can I download it on iOS but not Android?

Posts 25743
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 2:52 PM

Daniel Spencer:
The question though is why can I download it on iOS but not Android?

Not sure as I have downloaded it to my Android device. I assume you have a licence for ESV and have logged on, so i can only recommend you uninstall and re-install Logos (you will lose the books you have downloaded). See the thread for 0.9.4 at the top of the forum for details.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 32
Daniel Spencer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2012 4:27 PM

Thank you Dave. Of course I didn't pay enough attention and found the thread on problems downloading after you said to go look - I redownloaded and let it sit both on the sign-in screen and on the Library window and it let me download the ESV.

Posts 16
Ron Henderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 11:15 AM

Can you link English words from one source (bible) to a lexicon like  in the Olive Tree Bibles?  It could be called 'long touch.'  Really eager to know that Logos has it, please, please!

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:25 PM

Sort of... via BWS, which should give you lexicons if you have them in your library...

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:28 PM

BillS:

Sort of... via BWS, which should give you lexicons if you have them in your library...

Well... maybe not it gives me access to lexicons, but not to bible dictionaries or other reference tools... not sure how we accomplish that?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 10:33 AM

BillS:

BillS:

Well... maybe not it gives me access to lexicons, but not to bible dictionaries or other reference tools... not sure how we accomplish that?

Bump?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3
Jerry Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2012 8:52 PM

Is there a way to only display "downloaded" books only in the library view?

That would be helpful to me when wanting quick access to books I've downloaded already.

Jerry

Posts 22852
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2012 1:23 AM

Hi Jerry - and welcome to the forums

Jerry Ritchie:

This is not possible at the moment (outside of going into "airplane mode") but is something which has been requested.

We have no information as to when / if this might be available

Graham

Posts 3

Thanks for this release. 

I have a question. when will available the reading plan functionality? and when will interlineal for spanish reina valera version.  Other question, why i don have access to my spanish bibles (Dios Habla Hoy, NVI and others)?

Thanks for your time

Posts 22852
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:52 AM

Hi Esteban - and welcome to the forums

Esteban de Jesus Hernandez Barragan:
when will available the reading plan functionality?

I'm afraid we don't know. It is available on the iOS platform and a lot of work has been going on at the Logos server end to make the functionality better. It is going to come to the Android problem but I seem to remember hearing there was quite a lot of work which still needed to be done.

interlineal for spanish reina valera version

Have you seen any commitment from Logos to make this available? If not, it might be worth emailing them to see if this is something they are working on. Email addresses for Logos are at http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_Email_Addresses, I suggest using suggest@logos.com.

why i don have access to my spanish bibles (Dios Habla Hoy, NVI and others)?

Looking at NVI, it is shown as not available to mobile devices

If it were available, there would be a mobile phone icon next to those for WIndows and Mac. This is typically a licencing constraint with the publishers. Logos is working to get all resources available on mobile devices but it is taking time. They typically don't comment on the progress of such negotiations.

Sorry I don't have more definitive information but that's the best I have.

Graham

Posts 21
Jose L. Chaparro | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 4:56 PM

I am a little confused about the Logos Android app.  Is the current app still a beta version?

Posts 3690
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:57 PM

Jose L. Chaparro:

I am a little confused about the Logos Android app.  Is the current app still a beta version?

Yes, but it's stable... just isn't as finished as it eventually will be. :-)

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 21
Jose L. Chaparro | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 3 2012 6:15 PM

Thank you, Bill.  Sounds really great!  I am looking forward to what is coming next.

Posts 5
Weston W. Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2012 10:32 AM

Thanks for the update, just wanted to throw in my support for the reading plan functionality in the android app.

- W

Posts 9
Steve Augustine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 25 2012 12:42 PM

I echo the desire for the reading plans on the Android app (Kindle Fire, in this case).  I use my reading plans daily and it is the most frequent use of the mobile apps for me.  I do have an iPhone that I can use for the reading plans, but I would prefer to have them on my Kindle Fire.

Steve A.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 27 2012 1:40 PM

Steve Augustine:

I echo the desire for the reading plans on the Android app (Kindle Fire, in this case).  I use my reading plans daily and it is the most frequent use of the mobile apps for me.  I do have an iPhone that I can use for the reading plans, but I would prefer to have them on my Kindle Fire.

Steve A.

Reading Plans have been added to the recent Beta release.

Posts 7
Tim Michalek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 28 2012 8:32 PM

Jerry Ritchie:

+1

Posts 73
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 29 2012 6:54 AM

The only way I've found to do it is go offline by turning the WIFI off. Then only the downloaded books show up.

John

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS