Adding Notes to Handouts

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2071
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:40 AM

How does one go about adding notes in L4 to a handout?

How does one copy notes to put into a word document?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 8:44 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

How does one go about adding notes in L4 to a handout?

From what I have heard about handouts (haven't messed with them myself) the best way is to print them out and write your note on them.Smile

Posts 30869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 11:58 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

You can add a blank space and enter notes, I believe.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2071
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 12:07 PM

Yes, I have figured that out. What I mean is, is that in L3 I could take all my notes and highlight thought control A, then Control C,  and then add them to a word document. I do not see how to do that in L4.

In L3 I could say, highlight a qoute, add it to my notes, but my own notes about the qoute and then copy the whole thing and send it to a word document. In L4 if I hightlight something add it to my notes, I do not see a way to highlight my qoute and my notes from the smaller note window to put them in a Word document.

Posts 8659
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 12:12 PM

It seems that there is currently no way to do that.  Sad 

On top of requesting printing support, we now must request copy support.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 30869
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 12:14 PM

Understand - I know how to attached notes to the handout and how to add notes to the handout (which is much approved from last week) but I don't know how to copy any of it to Word. Sorry.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 12:15 PM

This Worked for me. When you tried the highlight, did you open the note up as if you were going to type something into it? When I did this I hit CTL + A, CTR + C, went to word. The first time it pasted it was from a previous paste. However I waited about 15 seconds and did it again and it pasted the new text. It seems as though its taking a while for it to copy from the L4 note to the clipboard.

Posts 2071
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2009 12:19 PM

Thomas Black:

It seems that there is currently no way to do that.  Sad 

On top of requesting printing support, we now must request copy support.

I was able to print, the handout I created. Just had to ignore the double sided dialogue box. 

To get the handout the way that I wanted it, I had to go back and put all the qoutes I wanted into a clippings file, then manually copy and paste each clip into the handout, then had to move them around in the order that I wanted them to be in. I was able to get where I wanted to go, but it was like going via the detour because the main road had construction on it.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS