Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 30 2009 9:30 PM

Currently the Bibles from my library are in paragraph form with the verses in the text body. Like this:

I. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Is it possible to display them instead with a single line for a verse, like this?:

I. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
 The same was in the beginning with God.
 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Or how about having it only display what I type, so if I enter in "John 1:1-5" it would only display that?

Thanks!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 9:50 PM

shark tacos:

Currently the Bibles from my library are in paragraph form with the verses in the text body. Like this:

I. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Is it possible to display them instead with a single line for a verse, like this?:

I. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
 The same was in the beginning with God.
 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Or how about having it only display what I type, so if I enter in "John 1:1-5" it would only display that?

Thanks!

It appears that you are using the Cambridge Paragraph Bible of the AV (KJV).  If you use the regular KJV it should appear as you wish.

An even better solution would be to use an entirely different version.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 10:02 PM

shark tacos:
Is it possible to display them instead with a single line for a verse

Go to View menu and select Bible Text Only.

shark tacos:
if I enter in "John 1:1-5" it would only display that?

You can do that in Passage in All Versions (Tools menu | Bible Comparison). You can also customize the English bibles that appear and choose Bible Text Only to get 1 verse per line.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 10:39 PM

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

BTW, is there a search function for these forums? I see the "search this site" box above, but that is apparently for the whole site...

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 11:18 PM

shark tacos:
BTW, is there a search function for these forums? I see the "search this site" box above, but that is apparently for the whole site...

Try it.  It just searches the forums.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2009 11:45 PM

Todd Phillips:

Try it.  It just searches the forums.

Ahh... gracias!

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2009 1:53 AM

Dave Hooton:

shark tacos:
Is it possible to display them instead with a single line for a verse

Go to View menu and select Bible Text Only.

shark tacos:
if I enter in "John 1:1-5" it would only display that?

You can do that in Passage in All Versions (Tools menu | Bible Comparison). You can also customize the English bibles that appear and choose Bible Text Only to get 1 verse per line.

One drawback I am noticing with both of these solutions is that I lose all the nice footnotes (for example in the NET Bible). Is it possible to get it to display one verse per line or a single verse, but not lose all that valuable information?

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2009 8:41 AM

shark tacos:
One drawback I am noticing with both of these solutions is that I lose all the nice footnotes (for example in the NET Bible). Is it possible to get it to display one verse per line or a single verse, but not lose all that valuable information?

No - but you can open the resource alongside Passage in All Versions if you click the version hyperlink!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2009 8:55 AM

shark tacos:
Is it possible to get it to display one verse per line or a single verse, but not lose all that valuable information?

FYI, the NASB is one verse per line in it's default formatting (with footnotes and section headers).  Of course, that's not helpful if you want to use a different version.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 223
shark tacos | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2009 9:21 AM

Dave Hooton:

shark tacos:

No - but you can open the resource alongside Passage in All Versions if you click the version hyperlink!

Ahh, okay I thing I found a solution:

I display Passage in All Versions with it set to Custom. I define Custom as only containing one version (in this case the NET Bible), and then I uncheck Bible Text Only in that window.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS