How do I backup Logos?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
Kate Dugdale | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 3 2012 6:21 PM

Hi there

My laptop has to go in for repairs for a couple of weeks and I have a feeling it may need a new harddrive, so I am expecting that I'm going to lose everything. Right now, my laptop updates using the built in microsoft windows 7 backup & restore function.

I downloaded Logos 4 originally (4.5 GBs??) and have added files and notes to it... how do I save this so that on a new computer, or if my harddrive gets replaced, I can just reinstall it exactly as it is now, with all my content in it? And do I need to change anything so that it will continue to sync with my ipad?

I did check the wiki and had a look through the forums, but I haven't seen anything, so please point me in the right direction

Kate

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 6:29 PM

Kate Dugdale:
how do I save this so that on a new computer, or if my harddrive gets replaced, I can just reinstall it exactly as it is now, with all my content in it?

Kate: There are instructions for installing Logos on multiple computers HERE. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask again here. (A PC techie will have to help you out Wink]

Kate Dugdale:
And do I need to change anything so that it will continue to sync with my ipad?

Your iPad should work fine while your computer is in the shop, and everything should sync when you get it back.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 3 2012 6:55 PM

Kate,

One of the nice things about Logos 4 is that it stores all our user-created data on its servers so that if and when we migrate to a new computer (or hard drive as you may have to) there is nothing you have to do ahead of time to save those files.

If you have a new hard drive installed, you first install Logos 4 over the Internet. You can find the installer link here: http://wiki.logos.com/Installation_and_Indexing_FAQ$27s  After that you start Logos and log in on your Logos account. Logos will then start to download all your user-created data and resources. Logos will need to reindex these, but then you are back to where you left off.

Alabama24 pointed you to an article that might help you. You would need to have another hard drive to store your data on in order to make use of the techniques that are described in the article, and then be able to access that drive through a network or a USB connection. If you don't have another hard drive, don't worry. It will just take a bit longer to have Logos download your files, settings, and resources than if you used one of the methods in that article.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8
Kate Dugdale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 4 2012 12:09 PM

Thanks guys... Keen to avoid another download if it was easy simply because In New Zealand we have pretty limited broadband caps each month... But it might be easiest to just do it that way I guess :-) I will have a look at the article and see if I understand or not.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS